bobinmaine

1977 B80 won't turn over, no spark

bobinmaine

Hi. 

I just decided to do a bit of maint. on the ole horse( 77 B80 with  8 horse Kohler). Changed the oil, greased,  added new spark plug and new coil wire. Started right up and ran perfect. mowed for about an hour then  I shut her down . Came back about half hour later hit the key, not even a  click. checked connections etc. jumped across solenoid and started turned over but  No Spark. tried old coil wire still no spark. Any ideas?

JPWH

Losing 12 volt somewhere. Ignition switch or a safety swtch? 

gwest_ca

Click on the picture. Then click on the small wiring diagram picture and it will enlarge.

For a better look download the file.

Garry

• Like 2

SylvanLakeWH

Make sure your PTO is completely disengaged... Might be just the PTO safety switch... Don't ask me why I suggest (know) this...

• Like 3
  • Excellent 2

953 nut

:text-yeahthat:             Basic rule of trouble shooting; when a new problem crops up take a look at the last thing you did. In this case the last thing you did was mow which means the PTO lever was moved. We have all done it, some just won't admit it.   :ychain:

• Like 4

clueless
25 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:text-yeahthat:             Basic rule of trouble shooting; when a new problem crops up take a look at the last thing you did. In this case the last thing you did was mow which means the PTO lever was moved. We have all done it, some just won't admit it.   :ychain:

More than once :unsure:.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1