Shea Worden

Clevis Hitch

Shea Worden

Hey guys. I was wondering about buying a clevis hitch from the wheelhorseman1000's website wheel horse parts and more, and i wanted to know if  i need the rockshaft between the gas tanks. I thought that the cable went right to the hitch with a trunnion to attach. If you didn't know from my other threads, I have a c81 with an 8-speed uni-drive transmission. My tractor already has the tube for the cable so thats what inspired me to get a clevis. 

Edited by Shea Worden

Shea Worden

Thanks wheel horseman. The pictures helped a lot,as did the instructions.

clueless
11 hours ago, Shea Worden said:

Hey guys. I was wondering about buying a clevis hitch from the wheelhorseman1000's website wheel horse parts and more, and i wanted to know if  i need the rockshaft between the gas tanks. I thought that the cable went right to the hitch with a trunnion to attach. If you didn't know from my other threads, I have a c81 with an 8-speed uni-drive transmission. My tractor already has the tube for the cable so thats what inspired me to get a clevis. 

It depends on what you are going to be lifting with the clevis hitch. I have one on my B80, and my 312, neither have the rear rock shaft, it will lift any attachments that weigh less than 75# with easy. You really need the rock shaft when you are trying to lift heavy attachments such as the tiller, my tiller is on my 416 with the rock shaft, easy to lift, I put the tiller on my 312 :o. If you don't get the rock shaft, make sure you get the right cable.   

Shea Worden

Thanks. I think that i will need the rockshaft because i will be using it to skid logs and lift the ends of them. Plus, it will be easier to lift the regular attachments with the extra lever. Thanks guys, Now i know what i need.

Lee1977

There are two different rocker shafts if you are looking for a used one. The 1976 and 1977 models use a longer shaft that won't work in the later models with the gas tank under the seat.

redneckjunkyard

what would i need if my model has gas tank under the seat i have 1988 and 1990 and 1995 wheel horse 520h

wheelhorseman

Do your tractors have the tube on top of the transmission?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Jayoutdoors
      By Jayoutdoors
      hey there  I would like to install a ball and pull my boat and utility tractor around the property.  I don't feel as if the design of this drawbar style is built for that not to mention low height.   What recommendations, bought or built do you have to help me out.. 
      it would be nice to keep my tiller attachment on if possible.

also what did they use the bar coming from under seat for??

• Crick
      By Crick
      Original Wheel Horse dump cart wanted, no offense but not another brand with WH decals. 
      thank you
      Crick
    • blu_stang
      By blu_stang
      Hi All, It's time for me to sell the D-250 I've had for the last 8 years.  It’s useable as is, or would be a great project bundle for further restoration.

I am selling a large package: the running tractor, a refurbished snowblower (48”), parts snowblower, mower deck (60”), tiller (40”), front plow blade (60”), Cat 0 3-Point Hitch with adjustable top link, WH 3-Point tool bar, wheel weights and tire chains.  Also included is an extensive part collection, nearly a second tractor worth.  I will include the original manuals, an original 1976 sales brochure, and repair manuals for the tractor and the engine.  I made electronic copes of all of the above, and stored the paper copies to prevent further wear. This is one of the most complete D-250 tractor/attachment bundles I’ve seen.

Some highlights from the available parts: Frame rails, extra engine, water pump, extra transaxle, extra gears, including worm gears (stored in oil bath), Front wheel set, carburetor, carb rebuild kit, rebuildable original radiator, extra radiator overflow bottle, rebuilt alternator, new voltage regulator (I was planning to change over to an alternator setup from the generator), new in package Renault engine seals, new PTO seals, ignition maintenance parts.  There are also many panels, frame pieces, cables, levers, tubes (lines) and hardware in the collection.

The tractor engine runs smooth.  There are around 1050 original hours on it; It’s a 1976 edition.  Everything works, except the dash lights and the rear lights (disconnected b/c of fender).  I just haven't sorted out the wiring, but it is all there.  Headlights are good and working, as are all of the gears and levers.  The four tires are nearly new Carlisle Multi Trac, with nubs still on them.  The rear tires have been filled (ballasted) with Rim Guard for extra traction.  The hydraulic pump, front PTO clutch and brakes operate but could use a tune up.  I’ve used it for mowing and snowblowing on hills, driveway and around my land. I don’t have an original WH seat.  The snowblower was rebuilt a few years back, and assembled with all new hardware and bearings.  The mower deck gearbox was professionally serviced recently, and has a new set of blades with only a half dozen mows.  The rear fender needs a repair, but all pieces are available.  The plow and tiller are due for restoration.  The Points, Condenser and rotor have all been replaced and tuned in.  The battery is good.  I've rebuilt the carb, replaced the fuel pump and changed out the plugs within the last 30 hours.  The replacement radiator is from a Kawasaki engine; it was installed with new hoses. There are also new custom hydraulic hoses and a new hydraulic lift cylinder.

Here's a video of me mowing, this past summer.

Transporting this haul in one trip will require a pickup truck and a large trailer.  

• chompinthebit
      By chompinthebit
      I mostly retreated a picture from the 1961 dealer sales flyer I have that shows a lineup of optional accessories.

the accessories are the suburban fender and tool box option, tombstone weight, stepped foot rests, and seat hinge.

I have not seen another seat hinge like this besides the one I own.

The sign I show in my pic is also the hard to find circa 1961 plastic sales and service sign that is also pictured in the same paperwork.

• n1defan
      By n1defan
      I am taking orders for the custom heavy duty hitches that Scott and I have been building.

1. regular hitch $150 + shipping

2. XI hitch $175 + shipping

3. custom hitch to your dimensions $150 - $200 + shipping depending on what you need and cost of materials.

extra plates and bolts $10 To mount hitch to tractor if you don't have a rear plow mount.

Any questions you can PM me or post here.

the larger of the two is an XI hitch