shallowwatersailor

Just Black Hoods and 5xi Now!

Pollack Pete

Some serious looking lifting/loading equipment there.Better take a few Horses with you.Not sure if many are available in "That state for Lovers"

• Like 1

C-85

Goodness, it appears that there is a Wheel Horse 'wrecker' here :)

C-85

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Both your horses made the trip North John, and are waiting for me to move the boat to winter storage to make indoor space for them.   

Thank you again, and I really enjoyed the time we had this morning.

IMG_8484.JPG.9fd4f8baa46ec78f593069dcf9a86e01.JPG

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 6
  • Excellent 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

@shallowwatersailor Don't move too far south in the State for Lovers . Hotter than Fla. at times during the summer. Horses are hard to find.

• Like 2

shallowwatersailor
2 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@shallowwatersailor Don't move too far south in the State for Lovers . Hotter than Fla. at times during the summer. Horses are hard to find.

Actually going up - and west to the Shenandoah Valley. It can't be worse than here, near DC. :D

2 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

Both your horses made the trip North John, and are waiting for me to move the boat to winter storage to make indoor space for them.   

Thank you again, and I really enjoyed the time we had this morning.

IMG_8484.JPG.9fd4f8baa46ec78f593069dcf9a86e01.JPG

Those are two good looking tractors, Ed!  :ychain:

• Like 5

elcamino/wheelhorse

@shallowwatersailor The Valley is nice , more rural areas and great sights.

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Getting rid of machines is tough. But, in the future they can be replaced. I keep telling myself that now I am down to 3. 

:lol:        Glenn

stevebo
7 minutes ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Getting rid of machines is tough. But, in the future they can be replaced. I keep telling myself that now I am down to 3. 

:lol:        Glenn

29 an counting... no good

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

ericj
7 hours ago, stevebo said:

who's counting I

m trying not to lol :ROTF:

eric j

• Haha 1

ebinmaine
8 hours ago, stevebo said:

........🙆...... yes honey but have you seen the size of our lawn?????

:ychain:

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Update John, @shallowwatersailor,   I got the boat moved to winter storage this morning and got your horses unloaded inside.

IMG_8485.JPG.722643f463905bc2a88db7675853feb9.JPG

I put a battery in the 312 and it turned over.  I didn't try to start it as I was more interested in the 417. 

The 417 appeared to be locked up, so I took off the flywheel cover and I was able to turn it using the flywheel. It seems free now.

I put 12v direct to the starter and it seemed to be locked, so I took off the tins and starter to find a rodent condo.

IMG_8488.JPG.f6a3012c8c3f2f69700e66b133c79da5.JPGIMG_8486.JPG.55fc6135d3679de2c098cad916be600b.JPG

I got the starter off and cleaned things up a bit and actually got the starter to run, but it has bearing issues.  I will soak the thru bolts several days , then try to open it up.

IMG_8494.JPG.afd8603e4fdcd0b691a373a89ecc8c64.JPGIMG_8493.JPG.c3296818aa5510ba3224ab21f2b45888.JPG 

I don't know if this horse will ever run again, but he must feel better to get this crap out of his gut.

To be continued.

• Like 5

oliver2-44

@Ed Kennell as you work on that starter I would be interested where you find bearings or other parts. I read where NAPA should carry or order them, but my store here doesn't know anything about them 

shallowwatersailor
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

Update John, @shallowwatersailor,   I got the boat moved to winter storage this morning and got your horses unloaded inside.

IMG_8485.JPG.722643f463905bc2a88db7675853feb9.JPG

I put a battery in the 312 and it turned over.  I didn't try to start it as I was more interested in the 417. 

The 417 appeared to be locked up, so I took off the flywheel cover and I was able to turn it using the flywheel. It seems free now.

I put 12v direct to the starter and it seemed to be locked, so I took off the tins and starter to find a rodent condo.

IMG_8488.JPG.f6a3012c8c3f2f69700e66b133c79da5.JPGIMG_8486.JPG.55fc6135d3679de2c098cad916be600b.JPG

I got the starter off and cleaned things up a bit and actually got the starter to run, but it has bearing issues.  I will soak the thru bolts several days , then try to open it up.

IMG_8494.JPG.afd8603e4fdcd0b691a373a89ecc8c64.JPGIMG_8493.JPG.c3296818aa5510ba3224ab21f2b45888.JPG 

I don't know if this horse will ever run again, but he must feel better to get this crap out of his gut.

To be continued.

Wow! This :wh:  KT17 Series 2 must have been a desirable habitat. Hopefully, for just gas money, made it worth the trip.   :auto-swerve:

• Like 3

Wishin4a416

Nice machines. And 2 good members. Sounds like everyone did ok!!!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Pollack Pete

BIG mouse problem here in upstate NY too.Seems every thing that sits outside for any length of time turns into a rodent home.Doesn't matter what season it is either.Cooked a nice fan cooled Artic Cat Cheetah years ago due to mice clogging cooling fins.Cute little critters,but destructive as hell.

• Like 2

shallowwatersailor

A while after I hadn't driven my truck for a couple of months due to surgery, I checked the air filter on my truck. It is remote from the engine and off on the fender, Filter is about 8" x 10" flat. The critters had made a nest in the housing using fiberglass media from my firewall blanket. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ed Kennell

The critters chewed thru the vacuum  line that operated the front hubs on my 4WD F-150 .  I thought the tranny went when the hubs were   jumping in and out of gear W/O the front axle in gear.   A certified Ford Mechanic drove it and said yes, your tranny is crap, we will need 2 weeks  to install a new one under warranty.

Another mechanic heard the issue and had encountered the problem before.    He fixed it in 10 minutes.

It cost me a  $4.00 plastic tee and $50 service call.     Damage due to animals is not covered.  The $1200 tranny would have been free.     Dang critters.

Here is a small update on the 417.     I got the rest of the tins off ..... what a bucket if 1/4" screws.

Since I don't have a started yet, I  hooked up a 10 HP Kohler starter to check the compression.

I haven't looked up the specs yet, but 65PSI looks low.   Any twin experts have the  number?

If I put 12V to the coil and crank it, should I see fire at the plug?

IMG_8496.JPG.be67671acfff92f0c8ac078fe1733182.JPGMVI_8498.MOV      Here is a short video of the pressure test.

• Like 1

squonk

You can check fire by rolling the motor over and using your tongue! :ychain:

I remember working on a ladies car once. Opened the hood and dog food came flying out from the hole on the inside of the hood. Air cleaner box was full of Gravy Train. one of the guys in the shop had a truck with an electric carb heater base. Wouldn't start one day. Heating element cooked a bunch of cat food and melted enough to form a solid mass. :)

• Like 4