857 horse

Old topic,,,,what i discovered

857 horse

I have seen this topic,,,,,time and time again,,,but.....I made a discovery in my own garage,,

I had a can of Rustoleum  Sun Rise Red..........I opened it and it looks Like one of my 857;s

It is a remarkable match,,,,,,,,,,,,i painted my weights and the color was spot on,,,,,,,,++

Just giving my input,,,,,,,See you on the other side @!!!!!!!!!!       857Horse in  Va

• Like 8
  • Excellent 1

tunahead72

Dang, Howard...  I keep looking for the photos you need to post here, but I can't seem to find them.  Do you know where they are? :ychain::wwp:

Retired Wrencher

Howard I used to use that till I found Regal red. It is darker. Enjoy your project.

857 horse
6 hours ago, tunahead72 said:

Dang, Howard...  I keep looking for the photos you need to post here, but I can't seem to find them.  Do you know where they are? :ychain::wwp:

Ed,,,,make you a deal,,,,,,,,you bringing a sign next june (( for the Pole ))   and pictures will come hither !!!!!   

• Like 1

tunahead72

Deal, but you show me yours first. :popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

TDF5G

I've used the Sunrise red to touch up a couple of parts and it's very close.

• Like 1

Chris G

This tractor is done with rustoleum sunrise red.

IMG_20170518_124818338.jpg

• Like 2

JPWH

This tractor was done in Regal Red.

KIMG0325.jpg.eccfabb1fde2038ed3faad7fe07bebba.jpg

• Like 5

Tankman
13 hours ago, Retierd Wrencher said:

Howard I used to use that till I found Regal red. It is darker. Enjoy your project.

Been using Rustoleum Regal Red for years. Rattle cans always on the shelf at "Home Cheapo", inexpensive too. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

c-series don

Personally I like sunrise red I painted my C-161 8 speed with it and Cecil liked it at the last show he attended. I feel like we are beating a dead horse with the paint topic but I got it directly from the man himself "there is no official WheelHorse red" Cecil told me that back then paint mixing wasn't the science it is today so there is variations in the color. So as most of us agree, if you paint it red and you like it then that is your Wheel Horse red!  

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

Retired Wrencher
11 hours ago, Tankman said:

Been using Rustoleum Regal Red for years. Rattle cans always on the shelf at "Home Cheapo", inexpensive too. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Same here I also use VHT 2000 degree paint. for some areas. I think Wally World is cheaper AKA Walmart. Enjoy the project.

• Like 1

TDF5G

I've used the rattle cans of Genuine Wheel Horse/Toro red over several years also.  They aren't all exact matches either.

Edited by TDF5G
  • Like 1