JEFFREY VIGNEAUX

Total redo on a 1966 model 606 need rear tire size

JEFFREY VIGNEAUX

My 19 year old son and i are undertaking the complete redo of a 1966 model 606 tractor, It is in relatively good shape needing only a few parts, and most likely an engine rebuild, then sand blast new paint and new decals.. we r from Brooklyn Ct, and all my son wants to do is enter it in The local fairs. He is a high functioning Autistic young man who had a dream of having his own WH Then he was given one for free and now it is time to get it going..Looking for any help at all on these tires we have the front ones......please feel free to e mail me at Reflex1957@yahoo.com

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Ed Kennell

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the  :rs:   Jeff.         I don't  have the answer to the tire size, but others will be here soon that do.     :wwp:

Jim types faster than me.

Edited by Ed Kennell
Jim beat me.

WHX??

:WRS: Jeffrey

You've come to the right place for info on your 606. Tires might  be 23 - 10.50 12's  or 6-12's, others will chime in with what they run.

Here's the manual in case you don't have one. Good luck & have fun on your resto, I have an autistic boy so I know where you are coming from.  Might want start or continue this thread on your work so we can follow along and help out if needed. Your tractor should have an HH60 Tecumseh which can be temperamental. Word of warning we do like our :text-coolphotos: here!

Edited by WHX12
speeling

JPWH

:WRS:

squonk

I believe 6-12 came from the factory. 

littleredrider

Think they are 6-12s.

• Like 2

dells68

Awesome!  My son has mild CP from a stroke prior to birth.  Wheel Horses are one of the best things we've both gotten involved with.  Great hobby, good times together, and great people!  Oh, welcome to:rs:

• Like 1

Sparky

The correct size is 6x12. 

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:       We have a lot of people here who will share information and provide answers as needing during your restoration. Any father and son project is a special bonding opportunity, having a dream and realizing that goal will make it special. If your son is not intimidated by large gatherings of people you may want to consider bringing him to the Wheel Horse Collectors Club show in June. Lots of good folks who will make him feel welcome.

http://new.wheelhorsecc.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=2

This manual should be helpful.

• Like 1

KC9KAS

@JEFFREY VIGNEAUX :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

You and your son will have a blast redoing the 606 and showing it off at the fair!