Dan693

The Big Man!

WHX??

Were proud of him too Dan! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

19richie66

Something to be very proud of. Congratulations to both if you!

• Like 1

Sparky

That's was an awesome thing to read!

• Like 1

953 nut

Seems like your hard work is yielding a great outcome.          :handgestures-thumbupright:        

• Like 2

Racinbob

Very cool! Carmel eliminated my high school, Penn, in the semi-state that year. Yea, that stung a bit but only at the time. A success story like this lasts a lifetime and sure brings a smile to my face. Makes a parent realize what's really important in life. Congratulations. :handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright::)

• Like 2

ohiofarmer

Very very cool Quite an experience when the recruiters come knockin'  We had that experience and tried to give the best advice we could. It all turned out pretty good, but this is about your son. Congratulations!

Despite of what they say, a kid can still work/scholarship their way through school. Our daughter still has a bit of debt, but is also saving for retirement that she started her freshman year. Encourage your son to network with professors on career advice or even tell them if a particular topic in a lecture sounds like something he might be interested in doing research on.  That is how research assistants are born. it can pay big bucks as well as take him on a career path he had no idea that he would pursue.

JimD

That's a son to be proud of for sure. And many thanks to you for your parenting skills and developing such a fine young man.

• Like 1

Dan693

Not planning on him playing football past Trine. I am concerned (and have been since junior high) about head injuries. Its not that he's 6'8" and 280....he's just a really good student of the game.

We'll see.

• Like 1

RedRanger

Awesome!

Dan693

He scored his first TD the other day in a JV game as a tight end. He has gotten in a few Varsity games at the end also. Not too shabby for a frosh and coming from the O-line position last year.

Thanks for all the nice words Bro's........I just bought the lumber.....he built the house.