Docwheelhorse

Lombardini 530 Diesel help

Docwheelhorse

Hello everyone,

Just by luck Sparky sold me an old tuckered out "rat rod" GT1100 that somebody from the forum sold him at the show in 2015. 

It had an old kinda tired Lombardini 7 hp DIESEL stuffed into it and its just cool ans fun to drive... no other way to describe it.

But... the Lombardini needs some love and parts. Does anybody know anybody that works on these? I know Kohler bought Lombardini... but they want nothing to do with it. Lombardini in Italy will help but big bucks and long waits for anything.

Thanks

Tony

20171006_075627.mp4

• Like 1

WHX??

Thought about  a repo with a Yanmar or maybe a Northern Tool diesel or some  sort of resonabley priced HF motor Doc? If it's a rat rod anything goes ya know! :lol:

If it came through Sparkeye we cam imagine! :rolleyes::ychain:

• Like 1

Docwheelhorse

This tractor is tired and rusty and rattly and when the diesel shakes it its cool. Tractor only sees duty at shows and meet and greets etc... I just want to show the diesel some love to keep it going as an oddity... if it ever broke or blew up that would be the end of it. 

Tony

WHX??

Sounds lIke  you're stuck between a rock & a hard spot Doc. Also sounds like your only recourse then is to stick some coin in the Vince Lombardi... oops :text-imsorry: Doc... I'm a Packer fan! 

Sarge

About the only thing you can do at this point is start scouring the internet and ask around at various rebuilder shops for parts - not many of the Lombardini engines were ever rebuilt , just replaced since over here they are such an oddity . It's a shame really as they are quite well built and pretty tough little engines ...

Sarge

WHX??

Was just able to view your vid Tony... is a cool little rig! :handgestures-thumbupright: What's not to like about the sound of a diesel!