Dells68 here is what I finally settled on.  I really wanted the back and front tires to match but I refused to spend more for my tractor tires than my truck.

52A4D163-EF4C-4E85-8178-837A24A451D8.png

BAB5D74D-9C12-44AA-88D6-4D6DB5CF9F06.png

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Not a bad price at all and they look great!  Thanks for sharing with us!

• Like 1

Well here is the next disaster to tackle on this long ongoing project.  Still trying to decide to use the balance gears or not.  Read arguments on both sides of the coin.  This one is going to the engine shop to be bored .010 over and a valve job had to pound the exhaust valve out.  I think i’m going to remove the breakerless ignition system and install an electronic ignition system from Brian Miller (A-1 performance enterprise) and maybe a slightly modified cam.  Does anyone have anything bad to say about Stens parts? OEM Kohler parts are not cheap and not to plentiful.

0081C556-A3B6-46D3-9026-8766DC97442B.jpeg

936190D5-416D-4478-84F0-874D3BFF8AB0.jpeg

BDB1510B-6CEB-4632-9945-98B1F378B5DF.jpeg

69FBF0B5-799D-47FA-8D4F-DF244019E462.jpeg

5F0B5D70-76E2-40F3-9373-EB2CD734E877.jpeg

48 minutes ago, p38js said:

trying to decide to use the balance gears or not.  Read arguments on both sides of the coin.

This is from Brian Miller's site.

if the engine has counterbalance gears, they will definitely need to be removed because one or the other could break, destroying the block and other parts. For most engines, it does absolutely no good to reinstall them. Most Kohler engines don't come with them and in most engines, they do very little to reduce engine vibration. When left out, the engine should not vibrate more than usual. Being balance gears are made of cast iron material and operate [out of balance] on a single, narrow needle bearing for support, they've been known to break and destroy the crankshaft, camshaft and engine block. I've seen this happen to a good engine a few times. Therefore, I highly recommend leaving them out. But if the engine vibrates excessively with the absence of the balance gears, the rotating assembly (crankshaft and connecting rod/piston assembly) will need to be dynamically and precision spin-balanced to reduce engine vibration.

• Like 1