Shea Worden

Belts

Shea Worden

Where can I find a good new drive belt for my wheel horse? I cant seem to find any online or anywhere else. I figured I would run it by you guys and see what surfaces.

953 nut

Take your old one to Tractor Supply and have them match it up to a new Kevlar belt.

• Like 3

Shea Worden

Thanks. 953 nut, I didnt know that they did that. I have a few belts to match up. 

• Like 1

fast88pu

Toro dealer. Replace it with an original belt. They do make a difference if you plan on pulling anything with it. 

• Like 2

squonk

I have had 0 issues with TSC and Napa Kevlar belts for 30 yrs. doing any job asked of the tractor. Drive,mower, blower it doesn't matter. Just make sure you get the proper width as well as length.

• Like 3

fast88pu
5 hours ago, squonk said:

I have had 0 issues with TSC and Napa Kevlar belts for 30 yrs. doing any job asked of the tractor. Drive,mower, blower it doesn't matter. Just make sure you get the proper width as well as length.

TSC belts aren't what they use to be then. I had 3 go on my 48" deck mowing this season. I will be sticking to the factory belt. 

• Like 1

953 nut

Got to agree on the mower drive, haven't had the best results with Kevlar there ( one year and need replacement), but for drive belts to the transmission I have been very pleased with Kevlar.

• Like 1

squonk

I have 5 yrs on my Napa green PTO belt. Probably will install a new one next year. The only :wh: OEM belt I have in the fleet is the belt that came on my snow blower.  

• Like 1

Shea Worden

How do I know if i am over working my trans? If I spin my wheels?

953 nut

Spinning your wheels is no problem. If your wheels had enough traction to never spin then the next weakest link would rear its ugly head and brake so a lack of traction is sort of a safety valve.

• Like 1

fast88pu
14 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Spinning your wheels is no problem. If your wheels had enough traction to never spin then the next weakest link would rear its ugly head and brake so a lack of traction is sort of a safety valve.

I broke a belt pulling last year. Had tons of traction lol

Shea Worden

Thanks. my tractor looses traction pulling heavy stuff where I feel like something would break.Now I know that I wont bust my 8-speed tranny. 

Edited by Shea Worden
  • Like 1