elliot ness

D200 W/ loader BIG project

elliot ness

Started another Big Project this morning. D200 With a Ark 550 Loader, got the loader off, needs all new lines, strip the paint and Paint, then start on the tractor, the starter is not engaging, I think its the starter drive, It sat out side for over 7 years, the loader has a good bucker and a wt. box. Will add more pics as I progress. I also have a center grader blade for this beast. This could be a all winter project. I have to get the loader frame work off yet. If someone wants the Tractor, I would take 300.00 cash just the way it sits, no loader. just the tractor.

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

DSCF0006.JPG

DSCF0007.JPG

DSCF0008.JPG

DSCF0009.JPG

DSCF0011.JPG

DSCF0012.JPG

• Like 1

Dan693

Always have said.....a D-200 is my mini Chevelle LS6 find. Truth is I cant imagine the massive amount of work to rehab this....much less a Chevelle.

Good luck Bro!

• Like 3

"Manic-Mechanic"

Excellent find! If I could be so lucky! You'll enjoy this rebuild, very satisfying indeed!;)

• Like 1

Pollack Pete

Nice D-200.I've re-habbed worse than this one.I like the vinyl wrap on the steering wheel.I had one on my first car when I was 17 yrs old.White 1965 Chevy  Corvair.Haven't seen one since.Have fun with your project.

• Like 1

pfrederi

Great find Loader looks good.  One suggestion, the hydraulic reservoir for the loader is the left hand support column.  if it sat out for several years there could be corrosion inside from condensation and rust chunks .  There is a suction line screen in the bottom hose connection to reservoir.  Clean it and I would add a spin on hydro filter between the valve bank and the top of the reservoir.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

Cvans

:text-goodpost:

• Like 1

Texas Todd

Make er shine Larry!

• Like 1

wh500special

Was that the one in Brighton?

If so, I saw the ad and thought twice about giving him a call.  Nice find.

Steve

Alliemorgan

How much is a 953 going for with blade plow and disk ( And Runs) ?

elliot ness
4 hours ago, wh500special said:

Was that the one in Brighton?

If so, I saw the ad and thought twice about giving him a call.  Nice find.

Steve

Yup.

elliot ness

More pics of the project.:)

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

DSCF0005.JPG

DSCF0006.JPG

DSCF0007.JPG

DSCF0008.JPG

DSCF0010.JPG

DSCF0011.JPG

DSCF0012.JPG

DSCF0013.JPG

DSCF0014.JPG

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

DSCF0005.JPG

DSCF0006.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

Edited by elliot ness
more pics
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2

FatJackDurham

What kind of prep work did you do before painting? I am curious because it seems like you went and painted everything in place, rather than removing every piece and painting separately. Isn't it hard to clean dirt and grease out of all the nooks and crannies? I would think the paint would not last as long. Tell us about it?

Sarge

I'd have to say that took some serious pressure washing and maybe abrasive blasting .

What's up with the governor ?

Sarge

• Like 1

elliot ness
4 hours ago, Sarge said:

I'd have to say that took some serious pressure washing and maybe abrasive blasting .

What's up with the governor ?

Sarge

Gasket was leaking, ordered a new one. should be in in 2 wks.

23 hours ago, FatJackDurham said:

What kind of prep work did you do before painting? I am curious because it seems like you went and painted everything in place, rather than removing every piece and painting separately. Isn't it hard to clean dirt and grease out of all the nooks and crannies? I would think the paint would not last as long. Tell us about it?

It was blasted with HOT water twice and I finished underside with lots of elbow grease. hand sanded the sides. It's only going to be a work tractor. If I was looking for one to make show room this one would not have been a picked. It sat out side not running for 10+ years, and the right hand side was near a road where it got sprayed with  salt in the winter. As for how long the paint will last, best guess if it put in after using 20 yrs maybe?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Searcher60

That looks absolutely fantastic! 

• Like 1

slammer302

Looks great! I also like the winch setup on ur trailer.

• Like 1

elliot ness
15 hours ago, slammer302 said:

Looks great! I also like the winch setup on ur trailer.

Thanks, I have used that setup [winch] for years on all my small trailers. It has winched many almost dead horses up on the bed and home.

:twocents-02cents:

slammer302

I've been using a small hand crank winch on my small trailer its very handy. I never thought about adding a idle pulley like you have.:handgestures-thumbupright:

spindley

Did you get your 300.00 for the tractor?       Is it still available?       Im droolin.

elliot ness
1 hour ago, spindley said:

Did you get your 300.00 for the tractor?       Is it still available?       Im droolin.

Sorry, the 300.00 was before I started the rebuild, when I am done it might be for sale again.