Wheelie horse

Tiller questions

Wheelie horse

I'm looking into buying a tiller for my 416-8, was wondering how they work not just for the 416 but for any wheel horse tractor. I would be doing a fairly large garden, if I do get one would I need bar tires or do the turf work fine? Any input or pictures  would be great 

thanks 

Daddy Don

I have one and it does a great job. I have wheel weights on all the tires I have rib tires on the front and bar tires on the rear. Depends on how deep you want to till on how you need to set up your WH for the job. Also have suite case weights for the front of the tractor to help hold it down.. It will do all of the work for you. Just start slow for the first time and work you way up with it. See my picture on my profile and this is how it is set up.

Edited by Daddy Don
  • Like 1

Racinbob

Traction really isn't an issue with a tiller as it wants to push the tractor. I did have weights on the front and rear but they just stayed on the tractor all year and I had turf tires. It would have been fine tilling with no weights. The tendency to push the tractor is why a manual transmission get the nod for tilling over a hydro. :)

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 1