Sign in to follow this  
joskuk

Just Installed Deck, Won't Lift?

joskuk

I rectently purchased a 416-8 with a 48" deck. I took the deck off to load it in the van. Now, 2 weeks later, I can't figure out how to get it to lift. I mounted up the deck to the attach-a-matic and what looks like a lift arm connected by chain.

The manual lift does nothing though, just the chain eyelet moves.

Does anyone have pictures of the deck installed on a 416 or similar tractor?

The whole system seems so simple, I don't understand why I can't get this to lift...

Tankman

Is the pin on the lift through the deck frame?

Check the manuals section and download your deck manual. :handgestures-thumbupright:

520hC-120

Here’s are some pics of what it should look like, is off other tractor with rod lift but all in all the same, last pic is of chain with it going to the lift bar under battery

82B323AD-441E-4464-B97E-AC594AFA0D2A.jpeg

72DD09D7-054A-4097-94B1-695B36605B2B.jpeg

06EFB5BC-3219-4381-ADBF-282EE338F639.jpeg

3E78EA07-79A4-402F-B698-913BFAF548F9.jpeg

FE526876-C115-4436-9A23-A8D1FE129E40.jpeg

Edited by 520hC-120

joskuk

Alright, so based on the pictures I have it connected correctly. I think the problem is in the chain lift. When I pull the manual lift all the way up the chain just starts to pickup the bracket on the deck. All the other time it is very loose.

Maybe it's not in the correct hole for the lift?

IMG_1530.JPG

IMG_1533.JPG

IMG_1536.JPG

Whoops, I meant when the lift arm is all the way forward the chain has tension on it.

Here is a picture with it all the way forward.

image.jpg

image.jpg

520hC-120

Ok so see how your chain is diagonal and going backwards, well it’s not supposed to do that so the arm you have the chain connected to is the wrong one, if you reach up in there you will find another lift arm, bolt the chain to that one and if the chain Is still slack unbolt it from the arm on the mower deck and bolt it back on with another link.

429C5A08-1C46-46C5-A1A3-4144101A0AC4.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

varosd

image.jpeg.d6a3379f26646f1d18ea7b4fb6f3d498.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

joskuk

Awesome guys, thanks for all the help! It is lifting properly and mowing really great.

My original plan with this tractor was to use it as our "work horse" and have a tractor dedicated to mowing, but this mows way better than our old machine ever did. Plus once you know how to set up the deck, removal is very quick.

I am a bit confused about this other lift linkage that was on the tractor. It was a straight piece of flat bar, connected up to the lift arm in the "Extra Lift Height, Snow Blade Only" position. The diagram does not show the arm I am talking about, and it shows the snow blade connects to the #27 (in diagram above) arm. I have some time to figure this one out though, I still need to buy a blade.

Lane Ranger

Print out a copy of what Don Varos posted.   Print out a second copy and post on your garage wall.  This is a very handy reference if you own One or Many tractors!