dkg520

C160

dkg520

On my recently purchased 1975 C160 has a lift chain for lifting the deck that does not look original to the tractor.  The manual shows a lift rod and no chain. Can someone post a picture of what the lift rod looks like and how it is attached to the lift. It is a manual lift.  Thank you.  

953 nut

This manual should show what you are looking for. @A-Z Tractor or @daveoman1966 can probably fix you up with one.

dkg520

I have the rod but am unsure how it is attached. Some photos may help. 

953 nut

Check page 10 of your manual.

dkg520

Thanks. Useing the manual can you tell me which hole part # 7-59 the tri-union goes into?

ericj

the rod use to bind up and bend or break, wheel horse replaced the rod with the chain. I've had several tractors with the rod over the years, the chain works much better. the rod would only be use full on a show queen and then might give problems in my humble opinion. good luck

eric j  

• Like 2

dkg520

Thank you erij for your reply.  That is exactly what occurs when I try to use the rod. It appears to bind and not rise as smoothly as the chain did. My 160 is a worker so maybe it’s best if I continue to use the chain and not the rod. Thank you again. 

• Like 1