953 nut

The 418 C is alive!

Irv

Good deal on a great tractor.:) I'm sure you'll have it looking sweet soon.

• Like 3

Big_Red_Fred

Great Buy Richard, now i know who rubbed off on me for Stealing them :wh::D

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

857 horse

Richard,,,,,thats battin a winner out of the park!!!!!!!!  Maybe this will be your ride next June ,at the BIG SHOW.........

I think while we are discussing  Beverages,  a Coffee Cup maybe ,WheelHorse head,,,,,,,,and the YEAR STAMPED ON IT !!!!!!!!!!    2018 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe all Black  or Cotton White,, BIG SHOW SIPPIE CUP !!!!!!     frequency of refills optional

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

dells68

I kept eyeing that one Richard.  I finally decided to pull the trigger the other afternoon and saw it was gone.  Kind of figured you might be the seller.  Now I'm glad you got it!  I was drooling after that twin and was going to put another project.  I'm glad you got it.  Now, I just want to go for a ride sometime!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, 857 horse said:

Maybe this will be your ride next June ,at the BIG SHOW.

I hope to have the 953 from Ed finished by then and bring it. Of course if that isn't the case I have a few more 953s to pick from.   :ychain:

The 418 is just going to be a worker for now.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3
  • Haha 1

Ed Kennell

Great save Dick.     Is a snow blower and a heated cab coming ?

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
8 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

snow blower and a heated cab coming ?

Not likely, when we get snow it is usually wet heavy snow and a blower wouldn't handle it. I do plan to add chains, fill the rear tires and mount a snow plow on it.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 3

Pollack Pete

Nice Horse and a sweet deal.Love those Kohler twins.Have fun with your new toy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

elliot ness

:text-bravo:Richard, great score.

• Like 2

pfrederi

Great deal!!!

• Like 3

mrc

hello sir, nice deal! i noticed that the rear of the fender pan seems to be sitting a tad low.  generally on the 3,4,500 series wheelhorse tractors the front seat mount cracks/breaks.  i know because i have several of these and have repaired a lot of them. can't hurt to check. i will be posting pics soon of my 312 seat mount repair soon.  easy fix with my mig welder.  hope this helps  mike in mass.

• Like 1

19richie66

Great looking specimen you have there. Will you be installing an electric pump on this one like you posted in the electric pump thread? If so, i am interested in how and where you mount it. I put one on mine with a relay but mounted it down by my left foot. Works great. No more turning it over 20 times to get it running.

• Like 2

ebinmaine
8 hours ago, 19richie66 said:

No more turning it over 20 times

Good. Tractors are heavy. 

I couldn't resist. ......

• Haha 6

19richie66

Got me :ychain:

• Haha 3

953 nut
On 10/9/2017 at 12:41 PM, mrc said:

noticed that the rear of the fender pan seems to be sitting a tad low.  generally on the 3,4,500 series wheelhorse tractors the front seat mount cracks/breaks.

Very observant! The fender pan is not properly supported. I will be cannibalizing the old 312 that has seen better days and using the fender pan and supports from it.

On 10/10/2017 at 6:37 AM, 19richie66 said:

Will you be installing an electric pump on this one like you posted in the electric pump thread? If so, i am interested in how and where you mount it.

You can count on it! haven't determined where yet, but it will be down low and powered from an accessory circuit with a fuse of it's own. The whole wiring system needs to be replaced at some point, but that will come later.

• Like 3

PeacemakerJack
On 10/11/2017 at 7:57 PM, 953 nut said:

The whole wiring system needs to be replaced at some point, but that will come later.

Caleb’s newly acquired “JackRabbit” has the same problem.  It never ceases to amaze me how badly a person who has little to know background with wiring can BUTCHER a GT harness. Caleb’s is a mess. We will have to start from scratch on that I’m sure! 

Thanks for the thoughts on the fuel pump setup and location—I’m gonna borrow that idea...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
22 minutes ago, PeacemakerJack said:

It never ceases to amaze me how badly a person who has little to know background with wiring can BUTCHER a GT harness. Caleb’s is a mess. We will have to start from scratch on that I’m sure! 

Part of the reason I like the older ones... Simple wiring.

• Like 3

19richie66

I picked up 2 of those fuel pumps last month. Going to put one on the 418A, one the gt14. good deal for the pumps. thanks for the link and the mounting idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Ed Kennell

Really great picture here Dick....Calendar  worthy for sure.       Luv  Karls white  snow flakes falling across that green barn.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 12:15 PM, 953 nut said:

5a3bec020ca7f_SnowTeam171.JPG.9d81d41542e41f10bd31f45978a30ce2.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
17 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Really great picture here Dick....Calendar  worthy for sure.       Luv  Karls white  snow flakes falling across that green barn.

:text-yeahthat:

Agreed.

• Like 1

BOB ELLISON

Great job Richard I would get a twin if it was in the price range you got. Even though I really don't need one. You deserve that for all the help you give here. I love working on a new old horse like you do. That makes a merry Christmas for you.

• Like 5

richmondred01

My favorite wheel horse is the 418-8. Plenty of power, easy to get parts. I wish they had adjustable valve lifters. 

• Like 3

PeacemakerJack
8 hours ago, BOB ELLISON said:

I love working on a new old horse like you do. 

Well said!  I can’t wait to get Caleb’s 418-C taken apart and fix the little things that need fixing...I love breathing new life into these old worthy machines.  Especially since I get to work on it with my son and teach him along the way!

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3