peanut437

RJ59 front wheels

peanut437

Quick question. I have  a rj59 and the front wheels are rusted out. Other than a suburban, will any other horse wheels fit it? Not having much luck finding anything. Been looking on

ebay/facebook with no luck unless there in a different state or hours away. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

reuben.jpg

• Like 1

RedRanger

No other horse options other than RJ/Suburban wheels.

The full size round hoods have different offsets on the rims and different spindle lengths.  They look like ca ca if you try to use them.

The mid engines have longer spindles than the full size tractors of that era so you have to make spacers to fill the extra axle area and the wheel offset is different.....

I tried a set of 701 wheels on my 401, didn't work.  I should say, it would work but looked horrendous and jerry-rigged.

I was able to find a real nice pair of Suburban rims on Ebay by searching "tractor rims" or "tractor wheels" I forget which.  The seller had no idea what they were.  His loss.

Just have to search for narrow 8inch rims with the correct spindle and hub dimensions.

Have you tried joining some of the Wheel Horse Facebook pages?  Lots of Wheel Horse guys out there that can probably help you out.

That bumper is pretty cool.  Looks like it came from a 1930's car.

After powder coat....

071.jpg.5370c25595b8e41f6da32a5e9ab63a04.jpg

Edited by RedRanger

oliver2-44

Don't rule out salvaging them.  I recall a post on here where someone sand blasted a set, welded up the holes and filled the pits in the bead seal area  with JB Weld.  

I've done some pit filling on a mower deck with JB Weld and a belt sander smoothed it nicely.. 

Good Luck !

• Like 3

JPWH

It is a lot of work but is doable.

KIMG0010.jpg.9e1dc4c980d56897722a028cefa2d486.jpg

KIMG0223.jpg.b4ce0d3d7e3ab0be0a2256d41fd1e07b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

953 nut

Backing up the hole with copper and then MIG welding is the way to go, The weld will not adhere to the copper and you can make several side by side beads to fill large holes.

KIMG0010.jpg.9e1dc4c980d56897722a028cefa2d486.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

AMC RULES

:dunno: Easier still, is to JB weld the holes closed...

sand it smooth, and just run a tube in 'em.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

• Like 5