p38js

Gt14 attachments

Jerry77

Looking good......and really nice shop.....:)

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

hondagod64

Very nice..pics when complete would be nice to see

• Like 1

19richie66

Wow, you can walk around it without hitting anything. Nice job going there. Sorry not much help with original question.

• Like 1

953 nut
On 10/5/2017 at 7:06 AM, p38js said:

I keep reading that the 14 had her own set of attachments.

As our President would say "That is FAKE NEWS".   :ychain:   Any attachment that can be used on the mid-mount Atach-A Matic can be used on a GT-14. The standard 48" mower is the same one that was used in '67 on a 1267. Any pull behind wagon, lawn sweeper etc. will work. The 54" snow plow is the same as was used on the 953, 1054 and 1054A. 

If you have a three point hitch on the GT-14 it opens up a whole new world of implements that earlier :wh: models couldn't use.

Take a look at this brochure from 1969.

• Excellent 1

ztnoo

It was always my understanding that the rear mounted tillers (7-1231 and 7-1332) for GT 14s, were GT 14 specific, and wouldn't fit other models.

p38js

I guess it is my understanding that a snow blower would attach to the 14 by the two bolt holes on both sides of the forward frame.  After reading and researching the parts manuals there is an adapter for this.  But I can not locate said adapter. So it will probably be easier to fabricate an adapter to install the attach-o-matic to the front.  Then I will be able to run more options then what is listed by wheel horse.  I already have a deck I believe it to be 48in not 100% because there are no numbers on it anywhere.  I also have the 54in plow, the rear wheel weights, and the three point hitch. But I’m always on the look out for other attachments.

oldredrider

Putting the front attach a matic  on a GT-14 opens up a lot of possibilities for implements common to Wheel Horses.

Do it!

• Like 1

953 nut
1 hour ago, p38js said:

always on the look out for other attachments

The front end loader is my personal favorite.

59d8ef682fa13_GT-14withFEL004.JPG.0dca1338cc008a3347a9d80ad0d57577.JPG

2 hours ago, ztnoo said:

rear mounted tillers (7-1231 and 7-1332) for GT 14s, were GT 14 specific, and wouldn't fit other models.

C-195 with a three point hitch will use them too.

• Excellent 1

ztnoo

59d924309d83d_tiller1a75.jpg.a1e6ef045114c41091d4402043ea6002.jpg  59d9243a6e0cc_tiller2a75.jpg.15957f80c7784b1f4dff6648269d76eb.jpg

953 nut
7 hours ago, ztnoo said:

(7-1231 and 7-1332) for GT 14s, were GT 14 specific,

The C-195 wasn't made until a dozen years after these tillers so it is unlikely they would have been mentioned in the brochure.    :ychain: 

ztnoo

Does a C-195 have a special double pulley like a GT 14 to drive the hydro & tiller, or is a tiller mounted to it powered in some other fashion???

59d93b397c1e5_tillerpulley2a75.jpg.cedcbaab4ee83e12b72c7f699b2c1d15.jpg

953 nut

It would be driven by a belt from the PTO routed under the running board just like the other tillers of that era. I don't have a photo of it but have seen one mounted on the three point of a C-195 and the owner said he had it on the GT-14 for several years before he sold it. Said that twin would really turn some dirt! As I recall it the belt went to a double pulley down near the lower pivot point and a second belt with tensioner was driving the tiller. Was it factory :wh:, I don't know but it appeared to be.

p38js

Do you think a GT14 can handle a 44in 2 stage snowblower. I have no doubts the frame and the hydraulics would be to handle it but i’m not sure if the power is there.  I have a chance at a blower that seems to be a good deal.

oldredrider

Never under estimate the power and torque of a good running 14hp. 

If the price is right on the blower, go for it. 

Rob R

Hard to find actual "made for" GT14 attachments and if you do pricey.... soo I mounted a front Attach-a-matic from a C-81 and then mounted a standard snow blower..... with some minor adjustment like belt drive size and additional Idler pulley it works like a charm.... 

GT 14 w Snow Blower (2).JPG

GT 14 w Snow Blower (3).JPG

GT 14 w Snow Blower (4).JPG

GT 14 w Snow Blower (5).JPG

• Like 2

p38js

Thank you Rob R. your pictures are what I was looking for.  That setup looks good how does it perform in snow.  Did you mount the attach-o-mastic to the front plate or did you fabricate a bracket and attach it to the bolt holes on frame?

• Like 1

Aldon

HABAN Sickle Bar is available for the GT14 as well. I have one in mid restoration. I want to say HABAN 414....See n manuals section.

• Like 1

p38js

Aldon what is mid restoration?

• Haha 1

Aldon

Like your tractor. Parted with many parts blasted and repainted. At some point I will get to finishing it. But it's actually listed in classifieds as I'm getting relocated and I don't see getting to finish it for quite a while.

ztnoo
44 minutes ago, p38js said:

Aldon what is mid restoration?

That's a fair question.......but if you are going to talk about GT 14s and their attachments, you really need to learn "Aldonese".

rotfl.gif.9e248150f8b3337927dff1198cb5daef.gif

You see, Dr. Trimble is one of our resident scholars on this particular Wheel Horse beast, so to take full advantage of his lectures and instruction in this specialty, you really must learn the jargon to glean the full benefit of his knowledge.

2tu.gif.ec9e1f2b7e1d4487f60c50706940b912.gif

Edited by ztnoo
  • Haha 1

Rob R
5 hours ago, p38js said:

Thank you Rob R. your pictures are what I was looking for.  That setup looks good how does it perform in snow.  Did you mount the attach-o-mastic to the front plate or did you fabricate a bracket and attach it to the bolt holes on frame?

Performs super, upcoming 3rd season with NO issues to date. Did a combo; attached to front plate but reinforced with braces to the frame.