Sign in to follow this  
MEBDRB

Small (mower) tractor

MEBDRB

Did Toro make a small riding mower with the motor on the rear, like a Briggs 8 HP, small front tires etc......

Reason for asking is someone offered me one over the phone after I have been putting the word out I am looking. Didn't sound very big, and it did not sound real old as the guy was still using it. He did say it had hard rubber front tires that were bald I believe, if that helps.

Price.....FREE

combatmp29r

Well Wheel horse made a few different ones. Here is my 1967 REO still need restored, but its solid

1967Reo1.jpg

combatmp29r

Heres another. This is an A80.

A80.jpg

MEBDRB

Well Joel I wish it were like the first one you posted but I don't think so..... :P

Karl, it sounds like yours somewhat, other then he said it had hard rubber tires in the front, I asked him if it said Wheel Horse anywhere on it and he said NO..... :( He did say it said Toro on it.....I might go get it just because..... :D

combatmp29r

Yeah free is hard to pass up. I just invested 20 in 2 off brand riders. I want the short block off one for on my REO (the first picture) and the rest will be parts, and building material :D

Probably a little scrap very little though. :P

nylyon

I had ended up getting rid of it. It ran nice, started easy but I have a lot of slopes on my property and the RER just seemed to flex too much and felt too unstable for me. It would be a great little mower if it is used on a flat terrain. The bagger did a great job and my daughter really liked it too. The tires on this one were pneumatic though.

Rollerman

Never heard of any rear engine riders haveing "hard" tires unless it's really,really old! :D

Toro been at it for a long time too, you will have to take some pics Darren.

Joel that looks like a gear drive deck under your Reo...is the drive belt just twisted?

My son has a Work Horse he has named his "scooter"...& kind of like to find a deck for it.

The steering column is a little weak too & I need to brace it up.

0812071159a.jpg

combatmp29r

Yep it is a gear dive 32" like the lawn rangers had. Yes the belt is just twisted. Heres a pic of the underside. Now there are 4 belts on it yes 4 I promise :D

Reorearlinkages5edit.jpg

You can see the only rot on the whole thing too. Where the battery sat

Rollerman

Thanks Joel...I'll have to look up the model numbers & check out all the peices on the MPV.

I have several of those 32" gear box decks....work good for holding the shed door open when it's windy. :D

combatmp29r

No problem stephen. You got a set of blades for one? I think these have been sharpened one too many times :D

Reoblade.jpg

Rollerman

Joel you'll have several more seasons of use on those! :D

Yeah I take a look around & see what I have...should be some around here though.

combatmp29r

I appriciate it. I'm picking up an old Sears RER tuesday that has a good short block for it. I'd like to get it running and run it around a little before I tear it all apart. I'd rather have an idea whats junk before I take the time to make it all pretty :D

Brrly1

Stephen

The only thing I know of with hard rubber tires would be a 62 Lawn Ranger that we have been talking about but that will not say Toro on it as you well know.

Burly

T-Mo

Joel,

Interesting looking REO, and that's the first I saw of a deck setup like that.

Stephen,

Nice looking Work Horse rider. That thing is clean.

Rollerman

It is Terry, or was till we had all that rain a few weeks ago & my son drove it through every mud puddle he can find. :D

T-Mo

Ha, Ha. Boys will be boys. He just wanted to see if it could be a "mudder". :D

Rollerman

offtopic: Yeah he's deffinatley a mudder! :D

Picture012-1.jpg

Buzz

Did Toro make a small riding mower with the motor on the rear, like a Briggs 8 HP, small front tires etc......

Price.....FREE

Back in the 1960's and 70s before Toro took over Wheel Horse they made a little 25" cut rear engine riding mower with little tires on the front. My neighbor had one the same time I had my 68 Lawn Ranger. Oh wait a minute...I still have mine, I wonder what ever happened to his? :D