I recently picked up a 1970 Charger 12 to bring back to life.  The engine sounded real good and didn't smoke.  The hydro didn't have any problems but the mower deck looked like it took a direct hit from a RPG.

I had restored a 42" deck for my Raider so the deck was not a real problem. I also had a 1968 Charger 12 that the guy said I had to take when I picked up a 74 C-120 (I wanted the engine for a spare)

Now I had a "donor" for the 1970Charger

In the process of taking the 70 Charger down to the frame I found that a mouse had made a nest on the box for the motion lever and associated parts.  I found nuts, a fair amount of bedding material and what was left of the mouse.

As I started to put everything back together I needed a part from the 68.  When I took the cover off - this is what I found.  This guy worked REALLY hard building a nice warm place to spend the winter:D

My Charger project despite a setback or two is coming along.....one piece at a time:)

DSC_0654.JPG

DSC_0656.JPG

DSC_0667.JPG

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

I keep this near every door, under each hood and even under the hood of my truck. Check them from time to time and often have to replace them.

Related image

These work well too.

Related image

• Excellent 1

1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

I keep this near every door, under each hood and even under the hood of my truck. Check them from time to time and often have to replace them.

Related image

These work well too.

Related image

New version plastic snap traps here.... our mice feed Lots of larger predators we don't want to harm so can't use poisons. 

The amount of crap a mouse can put into a small place is amazing - I filled a 5 gallon bucket with the results in the D's K-482 engine shroud . Luckily - it didn't start to rot out .

I agree about using glue traps versus poisons - someone around here is doing some sort of poison and it's killing our town's owls and other predators that feed on mice - I hate that . Also found 4 dead squirrels this year - all signs of poison as with the owls .

Restoration is looking great , btw...

Sarge

We have had mouse problems, particularly with our snowmobiles, but also in the Wheel Horses too.  I used to put moth balls in old nylons under the hoods with moderate success,  Last year someone advised to put dryer sheets in under the hoods and I tried it and they seem to work great at keeping mice out.  Oh, and I should add, we have 2 cats, but they are useless, they catch everything but the mice! :)

6 hours ago, C-85 said:

dryer sheets

Mice are unpredictable little buggers.

I've had them leave droppings ON the dryer sheets left to keep them out. 

@&! $#&

• Like 1

We have tried each and every one.  Sometimes what worked one fall/winter won't the next year.

The funniest was one time a mouse got his tail stuck on the "sticky paper" under the kitchen cabinet.  Sounded like two wildcats having a fight:lol:

• Like 1