rediron

1976 D 250

rediron

Hey everyone Im looking at a 76 D 250 Horse with attachments rear roto tiller deck and front plow the question is it has a Renault 3 or 4 cylinder engine I dont no anything about

and kind of surprised to see that in there, Any info on this will be helpfull was this an horse original engine??  good looking unit just not sure about the engine if its original or has it been repowered?  Thanks for any help on this!!!

Ed Kennell

Could be original.  When AMC bought Wheel Horse in 1976,     They used Kohlers, Tecumsehs, Briggs, and Onans in some models.

AMC also used the four cyl. water cooled  Renault in the D-250 in 76 thru 81 unti they sold Wheel Horse to Munn Industries in 1982.

Edited by Ed Kennell

C-101plowerpower

yes thats the original engine for a gutbrod, i mean wheel horse:lol: 

• Haha 1

Pollack Pete

4 cylinder Renault engine...........not 3 cylinder  like stated above.

• Thanks 1

maxiblue

Hi: the D-250 came out in 1976 yes has a 4 cylinder Renault , has rear wheel lock, 10 speed trans ( hi/low range), water cooled, manual steering cost new was about $4000. where are you looking at this, is it EBAY?  Its a great tractor parts are not to bad to find if you know were to look.it weight is 1140lbs, tractor is all metric but attachments are all US standard. I have had my D-250 over 10 years still running great.

Ed

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1