Usmc1968

Maybe selling my 520XI

Howdy all!  For lack of being able to  find a FEL for my 1999 520Xi I am thinking of upgrading to something that has one. I have been looking at the Kubota BX series as well as the Mahindra emax or Max series. They seem compatible in size to my 520. Does anyone haveany experience with these?

I love my 520 but more and more I seem to be needing a FEL. I have the 60" deck and a plow.

Semper Fi

Andrew

Posted (edited)

I think @WVHillbilly520H should be able to help.

Edited by 953 nut
  • Like 1

Last Winter I bought a new Mahindra Emax 25 with a heated cab,56 in. 2 stage snow blower and a front end loader.Love the tractor.Nothing like blowing snow while in a heated cab.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Yup Jeff has a 'hindra and if I know him has it set up nice. Wouldn't think you could go wrong with a 'bota either ....we want pics when you do! :)

• Like 1

Both are fine tractors.Four things that I would consider are: 

• the Mahindra has the engine sourced from South Korea. I'm not sure long-term what that would mean given the political situation right now.
  • The three Kubota dealers in our area in MD are owned by the same family. I would question competitive pricing.
  • The Kubota has a larger following with more aftermarket accessories available.
  • There is a Kubota dealer in Somerset, KY that underprices most local dealers. That even includes the shipping!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, shallowwatersailor said:

Both are fine tractors.Four things that I would consider are: 

• the Mahindra has the engine sourced from South Korea. I'm not sure long-term what that would mean given the political situation right now.
  • The three Kubota dealers in our area in MD are owned by the same family. I would question competitive pricing.
  • The Kubota has a larger following with more aftermarket accessories available.
  • There is a Kubota dealer in Somerset, KY that underprices most local dealers. That even includes the shipping!

i thought basicly all mahindra's run ihc mc cormick deering engines from the german build d series, made in the late 50's through the 60's.

only thing changed to the engines seems to be the commonrail injection and all the newfangled electronics to pass emissions. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, C-101plowerpower said:

i thought basicly all mahindra's run ihc mc cormick deering engines from the german build d series, made in the late 50's through the 60's.

only thing changed to the engines seems to be the commonrail injection and all the newfangled electronics to pass emissions. 

My understanding is this, although it may have changed in the last year. Tractors are like some cars today. They are assembled from different parts bins.

Examples are: eMax = TYM/Daedong,  Max = Mitsubishi.

1533-1538 Mitsu w/ Mahindra engine

2500series TYM w/Mahindra engine

1526, XL, Max is Mitsu w/Mitsu engines

Emax is TYM w/ Daedong

Mforce 100 TYM w/ Perkins/Cat

Mforce 105 Tym w/ Doosan 

3500, 4500, 5500, Mpower are all Mahindra/ Mahindra 

Thanks for all the feedback folks...I used to have a Kubota B7800 so I am kind of leaning to the B25x. Someone around here has one for sale for $16500 and it has 105hrs on it.

Semper Fi

15 hours ago, Usmc1968 said:

Thanks for all the feedback folks...I used to have a Kubota B7800 so I am kind of leaning to the B25x. Someone around here has one for sale for $16500 and it has 105hrs on it.

Semper Fi

If it is the one in PA,  go for it!. In my opinion, the B is a better value than a BX with only a slightly larger footprint. Good luck!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks, I will keep searching :-)

I just found a 1999 B2400 with MMM and a LA351 FEL, only 160 hrs for $11,000.  Seems like a nice tractor

Semper Fi

Edited by Usmc1968

On 10/3/2017 at 5:12 PM, shallowwatersailor said:

My understanding is this, although it may have changed in the last year. Tractors are like some cars today. They are assembled from different parts bins.

Examples are: eMax = TYM/Daedong,  Max = Mitsubishi.

1533-1538 Mitsu w/ Mahindra engine

2500series TYM w/Mahindra engine

1526, XL, Max is Mitsu w/Mitsu engines

Emax is TYM w/ Daedong

Mforce 100 TYM w/ Perkins/Cat

Mforce 105 Tym w/ Doosan 

3500, 4500, 5500, Mpower are all Mahindra/ Mahindra 

The eMax platform is the TYM with Daedong power,  Daedong is the parent company of Kioti which I also have, the original eMax had fiberglass/plastic hood/sidepanel and fenders which TYM still incorporates on their own branded with Mitsubishi engines ,the newer ('17) eMax are now all steel, I have an earlier version with plastic body panels but I opted for the gear drive version for 2 reasons 1) the deal I got on that one and 2) the hilly terrain I mow, I got a FEL and 60" belly mower with mine I couldn't justify the extra $5600 for the snow blower, but $400 for a soft cab maybe later and $2500 for a full hydraulic front dozer blade maybe also, I did get a 5' rear scraper blade for when needed total with what I have now $14500, I still have my 520H with cab and 2stage if the white crap gets deep, and a couple shots of it to compare size to the Xi, another thing to consider when shopping for a SCUT is to go set on them a see if it fits you, the eMax is right at my limit on comfort and I'm only 5'9" the Kioti is more comfortable but less maneuverable for mowing, Jeff.

IMAG3423.jpg

IMAG3215.jpg

IMAG2969.jpg

IMAG2968.jpg

IMAG2608.jpg

• Like 1

Nice, thanks. The fellow that is advertising it emailed me and told me he would sell it to me his 2016 eMax251 for $13K. That seems pretty good deal with a FEL and a Belly mower with only 25hrs on it! He said nothing wrong with it just the house he was getting fell through and he ended up with a smaller property.

Semper Fi

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Usmc1968 said:

Nice, thanks. The fellow that is advertising it emailed me and told me he would sell it to me his 2016 eMax251 for $13K. That seems pretty good deal with a FEL and a Belly mower with only 25hrs on it! He said nothing wrong with it just the house he was getting fell through and he ended up with a smaller property.

Semper Fi

Not a bad price.Bought my Emax25 brand new last December.Heated cab,Front end loader,56 in.2 stage snow blower.Loaded rear tires.22 grand out the door.The one you're looking at is basically brand new with only 25 hrs on it.Mine probably has that many hrs on it by now and I only use it to blow snow.Haven't had the FEL on it yet.Only got the FEL with the Mahindra because it was part of the package.I've got a Ford 1710 with  FEL and a Ford 555B loader backhoe that I use for loader work.

I have a 522xi w loader. You're going in the right direction. I wish I'd waited for a nice used SCUT instead of settling on this. I use it at the vacation home so it sees limited use. I can't count the number of times I've had to pull it out of a 6" deep hole. It works ok but nothing like a 4x4.

It still beats a wheelbarrow!!! 

• Like 2