Skipper

Inside deck coating

Skipper

What du you guys use after a blasting. Some sort of easy slip coating? Bedliner? 

Trying to do a coating that will not let grass etc. stick, and that is strong enough to not be worn out fast.

Perhaps a more fluent bedliner mix?

Racinbob

I used POR15 a couple years ago and it's still holding up well. Bed coating seems pretty thick and grippy to me but Some have used it and like it.

• Like 2

hondagod64

I coated 2 of my decks with bed liner coatings and are holding up excellent , just make sure that the coating is completely dry berfore service...i have no problem with anything sticking to the deck

• Like 1

ohiofarmer

http://www.agriguardcoatings.com/

I used this two seasons ago. It dries like glass and does not chip off.   I took off all the flaking rust and got the surface wire brushed down to very tight rust, but not bare metal and washed it with soap and let it dry.

It paints on nicely with a cheap natural fiber brush. If you do two coats, you should only wait 4 to 6 hours between coats. $30 for black color and $40 for Aluminum color.

Avoid high humidity days for applying the stuff as it cures by humidity and excessive humidity can make it form small bubbles in the finish

• Like 1

Skipper

Do any of you know how to apply bedliner, so it makes a smooth surface? Just thinning it?

953 nut

I have used this with good results, clean and wire brush the deck and spray it on.

Image result for plasti dip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

a.dumont

POR-15 all the way. Takes a bit more prep time, but outlasts everything else I've ever used.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1