slim67

RJ-35 survivor

russtiron

Very early 55 for sure  Tank stand and aluminum wheel  plus the rare two piece front wheels In the pictures it is unclear if it has the one piece front axle stop or none . also does it still have the cable steering set up?  and are the rear wheels held on with a snap ring or a cotter pin?  I believe what someone told me about early cable steer models being converted to later style solid linkage and   that the rear snap ring was replaced with a cotter pin It would have had the brass stop button also. No tag or serial number on tractor Nice find!

Edited by russtiron
  • Like 2

AMC RULES

Never were they Tecumseh powered. 

Regardless, awesome :wh: survivor. :text-coolphotos:.   

• Like 2

slim67
4 hours ago, russtiron said:

Very early 55 for sure  Tank stand and aluminum wheel  plus the rare two piece front wheels In the pictures it is unclear if it has the one piece front axle stop or none . also does it still have the cable steering set up?  and are the rear wheels held on with a snap ring or a cotter pin?  I believe what someone told me about early cable steer models being converted to later style solid linkage and   that the rear snap ring was replaced with a cotter pin It would have had the brass stop button also. No tag or serial number on tractor Nice find!

I havent seen it yet except for these pics but one of these days I will take a ride out to see it and get some better pics.

3 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Never were they Tecumseh powered. 

Regardless, awesome :wh: survivor. :text-coolphotos:.   

A Clinton like on my 59 (b1290)? That one on there is still a good engine for the time being but Im not sure he cares. 

Thanks for the comments guys.

• Like 1

evanloock

55 RJ-35 came with a Clinton 1200 152 spec. motor.  Do a search on this site and you will find posts discussing the specifics of this engine.

• Like 1

Aldon
10 minutes ago, slim67 said:

A Clinton like on my 59 (b1290)? That one on there is still a good engine for the time being but Im not sure he cares. 

Thanks for the comments guys.

The one he Has on there currently is getting harder to find for the 551. So if he wished he could work into the right engine over time and potentially break even.

• Like 1

slim67
16 minutes ago, Aldon said:

The one he Has on there currently is getting harder to find for the 551. So if he wished he could work into the right engine over time and potentially break even.

I don't think he realizes what he has. That's the irony here plus he's a cub cadet guy :(

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

RedRanger
On 10/1/2017 at 1:47 PM, slim67 said:

I don't think he realizes what he has. That's the irony here plus he's a cub cadet guy :(

I'd be working on a trade or purchase ASAP.

I'm kind of watching the local market on CC 100's right now, got an itch, and I'm amazed how much cheaper cubs are selling than horses.  Either their market is way down right now or our's is inflated.

That's a nice keeper there.

• Like 1

slim67
3 hours ago, RedRanger said:

I'd be working on a trade or purchase ASAP.

I'm kind of watching the local market on CC 100's right now, got an itch, and I'm amazed how much cheaper cubs are selling than horses.  Either their market is way down right now or our's is inflated.

That's a nice keeper there.

He said he intends on keeping both and is restoring the cub. I told him to leave the RJ just as it is.

• Like 2