joskuk

A-90 - Got It Started, But It Won't Move (4-speed)

joskuk

I have had an A-90 sitting in the back of my garage for years now, decided to try and get it running today. Had to replace leaky fuel line and swap a battery in from a dead tractor. I got it running but tried to drive it and it does not move.

This is a 4-speed, and I can see the input pulley of the transmission spinning. But when I start to release the clutch it makes a strange noise in the back (not quite grinding, but similar). I figure it has to be something internal but you guys know better than me.

File_000 (5).jpeg

File_001 (2).jpeg

File_002.jpeg

File_003.jpeg

Edited by joskuk
  • Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:           Could be the key on one of the hubs or the input pulley has sheared. Do you have any background on it, why was it parked there all this time?       :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1

oldlineman

thats what I thought pulley spinning on input shaft

Edited by oldlineman
  • Like 1

joskuk
8 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:WRS:           Could be the key on one of the hubs or the input pulley has sheared. Do you have any background on it, why was it parked there all this time?       :text-coolphotos:

I'll take a look at the axle keys and let you guys know.

As far as background goes, my dad purchased it for very cheap probably 5-6 years ago. It sat in his shed for a year or two (probably because it would not move) and then he gave it to me for free. I have been meaning to look at it and get it working, but I kept putting it off. With my recent purchase of a 416-8, it really motivated me to get this horse running too.

If you want any more info/pics, let me know.

• Like 2

953 nut

:twocents-02cents:           Use a magic marker and put a line on the end of each axle and hub and on the input pulley and shaft. start it up, put it in gear and let the clutch out for a second then check all three to see if one has moved.

• Like 5