pfrederi

Bring on the leaves!!!

oliver2-44

Wow that's a monster of a bagger 

clueless

Can we get a couple of pics of the hitch to tractor set up?

pacer
1 hour ago, pfrederi said:

gets very heavy when full.  Mowing uphill in heavy grass with the rake almost full made her hit the governor .  Full up the rake will push the C-175 around on turns.

Geez, I bet!! Mine'll shove my 'big D' around! And some times I think I'm gonna pop a 'roid trying to lift it to dump position. But by golly, that thing is a jewel --- love it!!

varosd

and Made in the "Whale of a state": Connecticut!  :lol:

AMC RULES

:handgestures-thumbsup:  Very cool :wh: set up...

& worth every penny, I'm betting.

Edited by AMC RULES

elcamino/wheelhorse

That is some birthday gift , I get a catalog every year and my wallet keeps saying no.

953 nut

Image result for big thumbs up

• Like 2

SPINJIM

You will love your Cyclone Rake.    I was lucky enough to pick up a used one at an auction last year.   I contacted the company, but they didn't seem to be familiar with the Wheel Horse attaching bracket, so I had to put it on a green and yellow machine because the PO already had the bracket for it.   I've learned how to adjust the deck height so that I pick up mostly dry leaves, and not too much grass.  That keeps the weight under control.   I have loads of trees, and it does a great job picking up and mulching in one step, all ready for the mulch pile.  NO MORE RAKING.   Then I cut the grass with a zero turn mower.   

WHX??

Nice Paul... case I haven't done so happy happy :occasion-cake:

JC 1965

Really nice setup. Thanks for the photos.     :thumbs2:

lynnmor

I don't see any trees.

shallowwatersailor
19 hours ago, pfrederi said:

First off thank you all for the kind Birthday greetings.  Got myself a B-Day present.  Bring on the leaves.  I am impressed by the design and quality of the build.  The horse is my recent CL find has a Series 2 KT 17 that is gray (service engine) but built to a Wheel horse Spec...

She has made a couple of trips with the rake picking up heavy damp grass.  Worked well.  The screen on top of the rake has to be cleaned rather often with the damp grass.  also gets very heavy when full.  Mowing uphill in heavy grass with the rake almost full made her hit the governor .  Full up the rake will push the C-175 around on turns.  may have to look at front weights.

Have to do some cosmetic work on the horse.  I wanted to make sure she was mechanically reliable  first. (Then again none of my horses are show queens)

IMG_0180.JPG

IMG_0181.JPG

Ironic, as I just sold my Cyclone Rake XL yesterday! Good luck with it as I really liked using mine.

I am glad that Woodland Products has finally designed a decent Wheel Horse hitch. When I bought mine, their solution was a small two inch pedestal that only bolted to the Wheel Horse tang hitch. The first use with all of that weight on the tang, with the way it turns, really bent the tang. The only problem I see with the new design is that to use the rear Attach-A-Matic, it needs to be removed. I suggest that you place two flat washers between the black arms and hitch plate to keep from digging a groove in the plate.

A word of caution, instead of front weights just don't get it so full that it gets away from you.. 

clueless
19 hours ago, pfrederi said:

This is their Wheel Horse hitch plate.  Seems to be strong enough for my use. Braced down to the draw bar pin.

IMG_0182.JPG

IMG_0183.JPG

IMG_0184.JPG

Thanks, for the pics, can I ask what the hitch cost, and how long is the hose from the MDA to the blower. I have a CR that is used on my JD been thinking about using it on my 312. also you will not be disappointed with the CR, thing's a beast.  

pfrederi

I will measure the hose later today.  The hitch was included in the purchase price.  They actually sent the wrong one with the package it was the basic flat plate.  Shipped this one overnight no charge after I called.

EDIT:  Tube is about 50" long measured along the outside curve.

Edited by pfrederi

Sarge

Between the two main sections I see a pair of pins - one on each side . Are the holes for those pins slotted ? I see no way it can flex independently of the tractor if you went through a dip or a ditch or something like that ....?

I like the design of these vacs , just wish it acted more like a trailer instead of a swinging ball bat - I can imagine turning it around could be interesting . Nice score...

Sarge