Ed Kennell

One of those days

ericj
36 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

Then I get a call from @ericj  , apparently I offloaded my tractor in his space.

no harm Ed we'll keep each other company and try and make sure nothing else walks away this weekend

eric j

• Like 6

SPINJIM

Sorry to hear about it Ed.   It's sad some lousy rat can ruin the day for honest people.   Hopefully he'll get his come-uppins someday.

I'll look for you at the show Friday.   Weather should be good for a change.

Jim

• Like 4

Big_Red_Fred

Karma is a B!@#$ for thieve's ED, it always comes around

• Like 2

rmaynard

WOW! So sorry to hear that. Some nerve to steal right off the trailer. Back in the 1970's, I took my car to a high tech shop where I lived. This shop was famous for letting customers actually do work on their cars there, and would let them use their tools. But after a bunch of tools started to walk away, the owner had them all etched with the words "this tool was stolen from (name of shop), xxx-xxxx". 

My son has an Inland Marine rider on his homeowners policy. Inexpensive, and covers his stuff while away from home. He does photography as a part-time business and has some very expensive equipment. No deductible as far as I know.

Hope the rest of the show goes better.

• Like 3

formariz

Sorry to hear this. It's really deplorable but unfortunately it happens more often than what we realize. In my opinion worse than the material loss, is the feeling of being absolutely violated and then the constant awareness and uncomfortable feeling one has always expecting it to happen again .Summarizing it a total loss of faith in human nature.

They should announce it on the loudspeaker calling out the individuals for what they are so when they look at other people they would have the feeling that everyone is looking at them knowing they did it.

• Like 6

DennisThornton

I wish there was an easy fix, but often that is not the case.  Been there on both sides since I sold insurance for a decade and suffered major personal losses as well.  

Glad there's a quality youngster out there working on the good side!  

Wishing you the best and it's good you're looking at the brighter side. (or maybe less dim...)

By the way, if I've not said it recently, thanks for all your great comments and tips on the forum!

Better luck to you!

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Ed Kennell
58 minutes ago, formariz said:

In my opinion worse than the material loss, is the feeling of being absolutely violated and then the constant awareness and uncomfortable feeling one has always expecting it to happen again .Summarizing it a total loss of faith in human nature

Exactly the way I was feeling.

3 minutes ago, DennisThornton said:

Glad there's a quality youngster out there working on the good side!  

Thanks for your generous comments Dennis and  for the contributions  you and many other members make to this forum.         

This  theft of a few hundred dollars worth of tools  and the resulting  chance meeting of this young man may have created a priceless lifelong  friendship.   

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

mikeeyre74

I'm sort of curious about the conversation you had with him that was so enlightening? Interesting!

dclarke

Sorry to hear that, Ed. A couple of weeks ago I left my leaf blower at a cemetery that I mow, went back to get it a few hours later when I realized that I'd left it but it was gone. Ugh!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

BaySide1

Did you contact the local pawn Shops and give them a description of what was missing?

• Like 3

DennisThornton

Long, long ago I had ALL of my hand tools stolen!  Theft is a different loss than from a storm or fire.  There is a definite sense of being violated!

Glad that miserable event lead to a good one though!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thisguyisnew

What's worse is not noticing the theft until months or even years later as some of us have specialty tools not used on a day to day basis

• Like 1

CasualObserver

@Ed Kennell do you do your own taxes or have them done? Either way, have whoever does them look at Form 4684 and see if you can write off the loss on your taxes. Make an inventory list (if you haven't) and get a copy of the police report for documentation in the event you were ever audited.

• Like 1

WHX??

Sorry to hear about this  Ed but I'm not getting it? What better place to unload but in another trusting  members stall? Good to hear about your good repetoir with the police but bad to hear this happened at a show where I generally considered most if not all show folk honest as the day is long? Perhaps it is just my wishful thinking that all the good eyes and ears about at shows trump the bad ones.

Ed Kennell
7 hours ago, WHX12 said:

Sorry to hear about this  Ed but I'm not getting it? What better place to unload but in another trusting  members stall? Good to hear about your good repetoir with the police but bad to hear this happened at a show where I generally considered most if not all show folk honest as the day is long? Perhaps it is just my wishful thinking that all the good eyes and ears about at shows trump the bad ones.

Sorry for the confusion Jim.    The theft took place at my home not at the show.     I  loaded my truck and trailer several days before the show started and the loaded rig was parked at home several days before the show.  I just didn't notice the missing items until I was unloading at the show.

I agree all show members I have encountered are great helpful people.

• Like 3

WHX??

Oh ok I get it now...well that even takes more cahones then thieved right in your own yard.

Do like ya would a skunk then ...baitem & set up a trail cam. Keep that shotgun loaded with rock salt handy.

• Thanks 1