ohiofarmer

What did they throw in your yard today?

squonk
On 9/29/2017 at 6:23 AM, AMC RULES said:

I just built the wall. 

Keeps everything out.   :greetings-clapyellow:

IMG_6073.JPG.491960da6ac76c4c5367c357b1346960.JPG

I don't see any :wh: trailers in that wall! :angry-tappingfoot:

Here's today's item: Looks like an exhaust pipe hanger. Hit it with the mower twice! :crying-yellow:

59e265c0de748_junk001.JPG.e52a2a4f3e66cbfc2d3c7e4814a1ec95.JPG

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Why...once wasn't good enough? 

• Like 1

squonk
10 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

:rolleyes: Why...once wasn't good enough? 

I didn't see it. I hit it and it went bang. Thought it was a stone. Came back on the 2nd pass and it had blown over to the uncut area and wham hit it again. I stopped and finally found it about 4 feet back from the tractor. 

• Sad 1

RedRanger
On 10/2/2017 at 1:52 PM, tunahead72 said:

WOW!

I thought I had something to add to this thread, but you guys have much better stories than I do.

Carry on! :)

Exactly!  :bow-blue:

• Excellent 1

JoeM

I have about 200 foot of frontage on a state road, Same problem with trash.........and it really ticks me. Once I was picking up the trash and came upon a case of long neck buds. About half were broke, I washed the rest off, chilled them and enjoyed. My wife said that was the only time I was happy about picking up the trash!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

ohiofarmer

Well, not in my yard, but in the driveway sat a heavily overloaded trailer. I heard some squeaking [bad bearings coming down the road while i was up on the roof]. Then the gravel crunched as he was leaving.I guess I missed him knocking on the door and he did not see me up on the other side of the roof i am guessing the trailer had at least 1.5 tons of wood on it . so I looked at the tires with a max load of 750 pounds stamped on them. One was flat.

I have a two wheel trailer we could have loaded the stuff on, but he had many logs that were two to three feet in diameter. My trailer has 14" car tires on that have some age. Not happening.The guy returned with a sorry looking jack, but we used my stuff instead . Rattle wrenched the flat off and he went to TSC and bought a new wheel assembly. We greased the bearing buddies and no more squeal. He advised me of his route home to a little town 5 miles away and we exchanged phone numbers if he needed more help.

He called me an hour later and said he made it OK, but he had to stop a few times because the tire got hot rubbing against the fender.

003.JPG

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

squonk

Today, an empty qt. bottle of apple cider. :(

squonk

Not really my yard but it happened 4 yrs. ago. I had shoulder surgery right after Thanksgiving. I'm sittin home, arm in a sling can't do nothing.I decided to watch the movie Midway. guns, bombs, torpedoes, fire ect. I'm sitting in my chair and can look right out a window at the highway and about 500 ft away is a corner. The movie ends and at the exact moment I click off the TV, BOOOOOOOMMMMM! My house shook and I look outside and I can read "Frieghtliner" but it is sideways. Truck hauling corn flipped on it's side filling my neighbor's front yard and front porch with corn! :helmet: Pretty interesting equipment was used to suck it all up. :banana-wrench: I made the local internet news. They had a pic of the truck on it's side and there's me way off in the distance. :banana-blonde:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

@squonk Do you check the internet daily for stories that you can use (names changed to yours of course) or do you have a black cloud hanging your head or did someone give you the evil eye. You need to move before we read " Local man mowing yard if killed by a truck load of live chickens wreck" , no chickens hurt in the accident.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

AMC RULES

Related image

Hey, look up ahead...is that a squonk crossing the road?  :auto-swerve:

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

SylvanLakeWH
52 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Related image

Finally - The answer to the age old question: "why did the Chicken cross the road?"!!!

:ROTF:

Edited by SylvanLakeWH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

squonk
2 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

@squonk Do you check the internet daily for stories that you can use (names changed to yours of course) or do you have a black cloud hanging your head or did someone give you the evil eye. You need to move before we read " Local man mowing yard if killed by a truck load of live chickens wreck" , no chickens hurt in the accident.

If that happened my wife would be thrilled. She wants chickens! :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

AMC RULES
25 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Finally - The answer to the age old question: "why did the Chicken cross the road?"!!!

To get that squonk...of course.  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

ebinmaine
11 hours ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

...And we all thought we'd never really know the answer... now I can rest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

squonk
15 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

If photobucket still worked I'd have pics of the truck on it's side. And I could have sent the chickens over to "help" with the corn! :)

• Haha 1

ohiofarmer
On 11/4/2017 at 3:43 PM, squonk said:

Today, an empty qt. bottle of apple cider. :(

Sometimes empty is much better than full. You have to be careful about those bottles.. Truck drivers can and do "place' recycled beverages in them, if you know what I mean.  Mountain Dew are the worst bottles because what may be inside is not visible

• Haha 1

squonk

Roadside spring cleanup today. All I found were 2 tire balance weights. :)

• Like 1

ohiofarmer
On 11/4/2017 at 6:54 PM, AMC RULES said:

Related image

I realize this is an old thread,but.... I bought a toyota Rav 4 with lane assist driving. All that is require is a grip on the steering wheel and it centers itself in the lane and also maintains clear distance to cars ahead even to the point on automatically braking to a stop.  Just put that chicken on the wheel and take a nap..[Just kidding}.

• Haha 1

ohiofarmer

I had a neighbor to the rental property get upset with me for throwing doggy do in his open garage door.  I told him it was from his dog. No it wasn't!!!.

Video tape is awesome and problem solved.  It appears that his daughter was lying to him about how she walked her dog and cleaned up after him.

i re-read this thread and remember a visit from the sheriff just pulling full in to my rental property right on the grass Sliding the tires.. He had utility bills from that property [not mine] in the trash and it had been dumped in the county somewhere. i gave him the name and address of the guy who stopped by offering to clean the apartment [he also wanted to rent it] and as luck would have it, the guy stopped by soon after to get paid. I said that his check would be ready once the sheriff signs off on his cleaning up the mess. This guy was big and probably had a six inch reach on me, but i was inside the house and he was not. Dude was threatening me and i bluffed him about what I had there to end his worries forever in case he came through the door  Now my policy is to always have all my tools so I do not have to bluff.

Edited by ohiofarmer

Jeff-C175
39 minutes ago, ohiofarmer said:

utility bills from that property [not mine] in the trash and it had been dumped in the county somewhere

Sorta like Alice's Restaurant?  "I can not tell a lie Ossifer!  I put that envelope at the bottom of that pile of trash!"

• Excellent 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-yeahthat:

Lot of Group W Bench :wh: folks… :lol:

I play that every Thanksgiving… kids and Mrs. Sylvan think, correctly, that I belong on the Group W bench…  :hide:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

squonk

4 D cell batteries today. glad I didn't hit them with the mower! 

ebinmaine
10 minutes ago, squonk said:

4 D cell batteries today. glad I didn't hit them with the mower! 

Maybe it would have re-energized you...

:scared-shocked:

:hide:

Stormin

Only things that get thrown in our yard are the empty plastic milk bottles for the dog to play with.

peter lena

@ohiofarmer cleanest state I  was ever  in , wyoming , yellowstone area , roadside debris fines , were  $ 1000  and or  30 days in jail , ask me if the roads were clean . also the speeding fines were low , compared to ct ,  but have to agree with you on peoples total disrespect  on property , kind of like a drive by dump zone .  cars fly by my  frontage ,  making  drop offs  , next speeding car , usually usually sweeps it to my neighbors lawn , i,m ok with that , pete