Please I need help with identifying so I can search for parts 

NCM_0194.JPG

NCM_0196.JPG

NCM_0193.JPG

NCM_0192.JPG

NCM_0191.JPG

• Like 4

dells68

1960 suburban 400.  Very nice looking start for a project too!  Congratulations and keep us updated as you go!

• Like 3

little pond ponys

Please I need help with identifying so I can search for parts 

little pond ponys

OK I would have thought the year was earlier but what do I know the trans doesn't seem to shift into gear so this could be real fun and thank you dells68 for the info here's the ranger 

NCM_0204.JPG

• Like 2

little pond ponys

Oh I forgot to mention my son's 67 ranger that was the last post pic 

prondzy

Thats a techumesh motor on there. My bet is a 550 suburban 

• Like 4

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:    :text-goodpost:    :text-+1:

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

:wwp:

little pond ponys

Motor isn't original

NCM_0193.JPG

NCM_0191.JPG

little pond ponys

If the motor was original I would have started there also but the tractor has no ID tags and I know that the motor was changed

oliver2-44

Looks like a 1960 WH Suburban based on the hood.  Show us a picture of the transmission

Edited by oliver2-44

Racinbob

Nobody can be sure how many things were added or swapped out on a 57 year old tractor. Fenders were standard on the 550 and optional on the 400. A 550 most likely would have some indication of a battery and solenoid having been there at one time. I'm sure there were many tool boxes from 550's with the holes that made there way to a 400. But is anybody certain the solenoids were always mounted on the tool box? Another indication is that the clutch rods on the 60's were not adjustable and the 61's had a threaded trunnion but that's missing and again an easily swapped part. With that being said I'd lean towards a 400. Or a 550 that had the solenoid mounted elsewhere or the tool box swapped. Or a 401 with a 1960 hood..........and a 60 clutch pedal installed backwards.......................:rolleyes::D

In any case a very nice find, :)59c6822b99b6f_Suburban550.jpg.8bb856678825ecbf75801f5ff6594d8f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

953 nut

:WRS:       Lots of good potential there. Be sure to post lots of :text-coolphotos: when you begin repairs. Any questions that arise be sure to ask.

Chris G

Id say it's a 1960 suburban 400. With a swapped out motor from its journeys. 

• Like 1

little pond ponys

Thank you all for the info and support 

dells68

Gotta say that I love the ranger too!  My son got one at the Big auction last weekend and is thrilled with it!

• Excellent 1

little pond ponys

Gotta love those round hoods they look so good

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs: the best forum on the web for :wh: tractors. Looks like you scored a nice solid base for a project. Love the little round hood models. I have a 1961 701 myself that is currently in pieces just waiting on me to get started on it again. Here it is after I got it but before tearing it down to the frame.

FB_IMG_1506347029309.jpg

• Like 1

CasualObserver

@little pond ponys I don't believe anyone has mentioned... that right side pedal is from a snow/dozer blade. It connected to a chain that pulled a pin so you could index the blade left or right. The mower deck behind it on the trailer is not correct, that is for a later model than the 1960. If possible, you might inquire as to the snow blade though. The pedal is on the tractor, the rest may be laying in a corner somewhere. It would be a 42" wide blade with brackets to hang it from the front of the frame.

Transmission work is no problem.. there are youtube videos from a member here who's gone through the whole process. @stevasaurus video channel here... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0WxpigBM-CFt3jm0aCxvxw 

Enjoy your new project! :thumbs: 

• Like 2

little pond ponys

It seems that I am missing a few parts for the tractor like the belt guard and the left side foot rest still thanking everyone for the infoaand there wasn't a snow plow casual would have been nice and as for the mower deck I don't even have interest in it I don't believe in restoring the decks just the tractors lol