edwroy

Package Deal - C195s and stuff

edwroy

Hi all,

Here is my story. I bought a package deal of 3 1982 C195s from wh500special in the fall of 2016. Tractors are fair to rough but complete. I also have five 60 C195 decks as well. This was a retirement move as I just retired. The units have set over the winter and I now find I have a health condition that will no longer allow me to follow my restoration dream. So, I plan to post on the "classifieds" in the next couple of days for these C195s as well as other wheel horse equipment and parts. My goal is to price so items will go. Be on the look in "classifieds".

Edwroy

Greensburg, IN 

• Sad 2

rmaynard

Sorry to hear about your dream not going so well. So many times our dreams are dashed by unexpected events, health or otherwise. I'm sure there is someone here who has a similar dream, and can help you get rid of those C-195's.

• Like 3

DennisThornton

I'd love to have a C195 so this message caught my attention but I was having troubles with the numbers and then I read about the circumstances.  I'm so sorry!

But either way I'm afraid that I'm too far away to help in any way...

Better luck to you!

Big_Red_Fred

Ed, Fred, that choked me up ! Dont give up my friend, just do a little at a time, i'm just as bad health wise, Keep on pushing

R. L. Addison

I'm able to "play" one to three hours a day, depending on how much standing has to be done on that days project. Very discouraging & slow progress, but I would be of much more unstable mind if not for the time spent relaxing on projects. I enjoy my play/tinker time, and, who knows, I may be able to help someone in the process. Sure can't do it like I did on the factory floor sometimes twelve hours a day at times nor do I have the desire.

Skipper

I'm also sorry to hear about your trouble.

I would like to talk to you about continuing the work on them. I have send you a PM. Please get back to me.

Thanks

Thomas

953 nut

Like others, I'm sorry to hear this. I am right there with you in age and declining stamina. I'm sure there will be plenty of members eager to buy the C 195s, too hard to come by.

Please continue providing information to others on this site, you have a lot to offer.

edwroy

Thank you Red Square members for all your words of encouragement. We are truly blessed with great guys!

Edwroy

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• wh315-8
      By wh315-8
      The RJ58 was the big hit for spectators this year at my local festivals here in Carroll County OH. 
      the children loved getting their pictures sitting on it, then they discovered the bicycle horn under the steering wheel. It’s always a joy even in parades. Just love showing off part of my collection every year and hearing all the stories from those that had WH in their lives at one time. Can hardly wait to get to retirement so I can get some of my other models back to their glory in working order and be able to attend other shows/festivals throughout the year. My fellow tractor enthusiasts always know when a spectacular starts asking about WH, they point in my direction. I study up on the history of the different models and always intrigue those that didn’t know much about how WH came to be. This website is one place that has helped me learn so much about the WH history and I thank you for sharing your knowledge that I am able to pass on to keep WH alive and well.

• wh315-8
      By wh315-8
      Curious what aftermarket options has anyone done to add the 3 point to the C195?
      Seems that the JD 317 style could be a bolt on to the C195s uprights. Some other brands seem similar that might bolt on with some minor modifications. Otherwise I know the D series is a similar setup other than the upper arm and the center point bracket, but it looks to be a fairly simple design to build. 
      MF 1855 looks close to WH design.
      Case 446 design almost looks identical setup.

• JC4AU
      By JC4AU
      Hi all! Just signed on to the forum for the first time, but I've been a fan for many years - shamelessly using your posts as valuable resources when fixing and maintaining the family WH.  The site and your posts are truly an asset to anyone using and caring for these wonderful tractors.

I've been running (and maintaining) a C-195 tractor since dad bought it new in 1983.  It's a great old tractor and it is still faithfully cutting grass to this day.  But, like most things of that era, it needs its share of TLC to keep it going.  Mind you I'm not shy of a considerable amount of wrenching on most things mechanical, but it seems like I've got more than my share of these sorts of challenges wrangling for my time these days.  Not to mention, I've still got grass to cut.

I plan to list the tractor here on the site and on my local internet swap site, but what's one of these worth?  The (original) motor smokes just a little at startup, but the tractor runs great and looks almost that good too.  If any of you familiar with these have advice on selling, I would certainly appreciate your insight.

Here's what I have:
      Wheel Horse 1982/83 C-195 Tractor w/Hydrostatic Transmission (2810 Hrs)
      Wheel Horse 3-point hitch and rear PTO installed
      Wheel Horse 60" Mower Deck
      Wheel Horse 50" Tiller Attachment
      PeCo ProTwin "14" Gas Powered Bagger/Vacuum
      Front Wheel Weights help to counter balance the bagger when full
      All Owners Manuals and a couple Glossy Color Brochures even
      All in good working order

I know you folks like to see a few photos from new members, so here's a couple quick shots.  Thanks for any insight you may have on this one.
      jc

• edwroy
      By edwroy
      I am in the process of replacing the plastic seat pan on my '82 C195 Wheel Horse. I am using the fiber glass replacement seat pan sold by Adams94. Its a really nice fit. I believe a small spacer will be needed under the seat pan to bolt the seat pan to the tractor. Yes I plan to paint wheel horse red.

Edwroy

• Brrly1
      By Brrly1
      I've tried to place a tall chute snowblower on the front of my C195. I tried two different flags to No avail. I am wondering if someone might happen to have a flag to a C195 thay is Not hook up yet? This is so maybe I can get a picture of what one would look like and if I could possibly get dimensions that would be terriffic. Hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks