Bob Nakon

Pulley for 75-42MS01 deck

Bob Nakon

Hello Gents,

I thought I had a bad belt on my deck so I opened it up and I do need a belt because one of the spindle drive pulleys is worn to a razor edge. It has also been spinning on the thrust washer. Does anyone know where I could find one? Toro dealer doesn't have one. This is a double D shaft deck but the pulley has a round 3/4 " hole.

Thanks, Bob

953 nut

You may be able to get one from @Kelly or @A-Z Tractor. another option would be to post a want ad in our classifieds.

daveoman1966

The 42" deck Lt or RT spindle pulley is # 5877 or 106846.  If the center hole is round, then it is completely slopped out.  There should bo no thrust washer at all.  There may be a spacer, but it too would be double d configuration.  I do not have any 5877 pulleys and they are hard to find.   Better that you replae the entire spindle to escape the DD configuration... Newer model spindles will bolt right in, but will need to have non-DD blades tool.

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Can you post a picture with the OD dimension.   I may have one.

• Like 2

Bob Nakon

Here are some pics. It looks pretty close to 3 3/8 dia. The hole is round and so is the shaft.

Bob

Pulley Bottom.JPG

Pulley Dia.JPG

Pulley Side.JPG

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:hilarious:

27 minutes ago, Bob Nakon said:

The hole is round and so is the shaft.

Marv

You will need the shaft also. Better to take Dave's suggestion and replace whole assy.

Marv

Bob Nakon

I have shafts and spindle housings. I also have bearings, what I don't have is a pulley. I have another deck, an 05-42 MS02 which has the shaft with the hex nut as part of it just above the blade. This takes blades with a round hole. I'm sure everyone here knows this. I'm the rookie here. I really would like to find a pulley because with 2 decks I have some flexibility. One is set up for the TracVac and the other could be used for actually mowing lawn! What a concept.

• Like 2

R. L. Addison

I have three spindles w/double D configuration, but I don't know if they are the same length as they are rear discharge. I would have to dig them out to look at for any more info, as I have not seen them in a while and do not remember condition. Will do if interested.

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: Them :rs:classifieds...they're a wonderful thing.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

InkedP1010005.thumb.JPG.95058bf71f7e698de9abab6860ac319d_LI.jpg.ad9cb1db68e620de7b7b9e4c1dc70c50.jpg

• Like 1

ACman

Hey there neighbor :greetings-waveyellow: ... sent you a messag and If you ever want to talk horse I'm not that far from you .

Ed Kennell

I have the  single side pulleys.  3 3/8 OD and 4 3/4 OD.      Can you post a picture of the shaft.   I have never seen a cast iron pulley wear out a steel shaft.

If you are interested in the pulley, send me a PM.

IMG_8348.JPG.19d7c9a2e1161a3b0a95edd4ce75723d.JPGIMG_7993.JPG.68418b16df5e7f54e5fd89314ac8da93.JPGIMG_7994.JPG.2391d20b0d91e747a2847592971d9d38.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Bob Nakon

Ed, I'll go out to the barn and get some more pics tomorrow morning. I'll take the pulley off the other spindle so I can compare them. I'll be back on here tomorrow, I need help.  ACman, I didn't receive your message. Would it be up in the little envelope at the top of the page? I didn't see it in my email either. I'd like to talk to you. I really don't know how to navigate this site yet so I may not be looking in the right places for messages. For all I know I have broken protocol by posting this topic in this forum. If I screw up I'm sure someone will tell me. Thanks for the responses guys, see you tomorrow.

• Like 1

ACman

I sent a email and a PM ...

No big deal , all's good :handgestures-thumbupright: . The mods will  probably just move it to Implements and Attachments . 

Edited by ACman

Bob Nakon

Well, Dave was absolutely right. The flats on the spindle wore the hole round, and the wear on the top and bottom is remarkable. It must have been running loose for quite a while. Makes me feel kind of dumb for not catching it. When I took the left pulley off I was surprised. So now I hunt for a replacement.

Bob

Both Pulleys Bottom.JPG

Both Pulleys Top.JPG

ACman

This it 5877 cast number ... It's on my cousin's deck and we never used it . The center pulley turns hard and was off the tractor when he got it . I don't know what his plans are for this deck ?

IMG_2270.JPG.5e04edbb406dae2ca5270fbf2a9e1026.JPG

Edited by ACman

Bob Nakon

Sure looks like it could be it AC.

• Like 1

ACman

Looks like Ed has one too :) ... either way !