Wheelhorse87

Thought on wh 800 automatic

Wheelhorse87

Hi I'm new here but not to garden tractors. Been a green guy most of my life. My grandfather owned a wheel horse dealership when they first came out and I'm interested in one. I'm looking st a 800 automatic that's been restored! What are goods and ads on these? Thanks so much

rmaynard

Can you post some pictures? I am not familiar with all of the goods or bads, but I can tell you that being a pre-1973, you will be limited as far as attachments. After '73 the Tach-A-Matic hitch system made using most late model attachments a breeze.

I've owned several mid-frame horses from 1967 to 1971. All 8-speeds. I would probably be most concerned about a hydro that has very limited parts availability. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

Wheelhorse87

This is the one I'm looking at!

IMG_2179.PNG

953 nut

:WRS:           Condition is everything. It looks like it has been painted nicely and has the correct hub caps which is great. If the engine and transmission have been serviced properly it should give you lots of good service. :twocents-02cents:   Not too likely a person would do a nice job like that if the mechanical systems had a problem.  :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1

Wheelhorse87

The engine is a new old stock Briggs 8 hp that's never had gas in it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rmaynard

Just noticed that you are a fellow Marylander. I am just about 20 minutes from Mt. Airy. Welcome to the forum. :WRS:

• Like 1

Wheelhorse87

Awesome I see you live in new Windsor! I work in Westminster as a pipe fitter doing sprinkler systems in buildings.

rmaynard

I know several sprinkler fitters in the area. I used to rent warehouse space right next to CML systems. 

Wheelhorse87

I work at Judd fire in Westminster 

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

Wheelhorse87 :WRS: It looks nice but some times that covers up problems. I hope you take your time and ask questions here about it. Unless he is the original owner check it out good.

Gilford wh

Looks too nice to work it

• Like 1

Wheelhorse87

Has been painted with professional grade ppg automotive paint , brand new wiring and a brand new engine that's never had gas in it

• Excellent 1