cleat

Ignition switch connectors.

cleat

Is there an alternative or cheaper option to the 33-351 snap in connectors ?

I just want to have some on hand.

I can get these for $12.76 for a pack of 10.

s-l1600.jpg.fd6c03d9acfe7c84dd00491413eab972.jpg

Thanks, Cleat

obone

Could you post up where you go those at? I got some from Napa, but the price was about the same.

doc724

These are DELPHI PACKARD 2965867.  they are for 14-16 gauge wire.  There are different numbers for 18-22 gauge wire.   You can get them on ebay for $8 plus $2.50 shipping for a pack of 25.  Make sure you get the tin plated connectors.  Unplated brass is not as good

• Like 1

Aldon

Here is a thread i referenced for my electrical restoration which I found helpful. https://www.delcity.net/ is the supplier I chose to go with. 

• Thanks 3

cleat

Excellent.

Thank you very much.

WHX??

Excellent thread there on wiring restos...  that one should be in  in instructionals.

Here where I get some stuff guys. https://www.waytekwire.com/

KC9KAS
9 hours ago, Aldon said:

Here is a thread i referenced for my electrical restoration which I found helpful. https://www.delcity.net/ is the supplier I chose to go with. 

I too bought the plastic connectors and terminals from Del City....and the crimpers!

• Like 1

doc724

I have used Waytek wire and Del City.  Both are good but minimum order qty makes them unattractive to me.  But then again, some of you have bigger herds to maintain

KC9KAS
22 hours ago, 953 nut said:

McMaster-Carr has a great selection. Larger quantity than most need, but priced right. You will pay more for a 10 pack at the hardware/auto Parts store than a 100 pack here.

https://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-electrical-wire-terminals/=19hgzx9

Agreed abut McMaster-Carr, but I didn't see any of the terminals that are used with the Packard 56 connectors. They have a little "clip" on them that hold them in place in the connectors.

I may have missed them, like everything else, my eyes aren't as good as they once were!

• Like 1

6bg6ga
20 hours ago, KC9KAS said:

Agreed abut McMaster-Carr, but I didn't see any of the terminals that are used with the Packard 56 connectors. They have a little "clip" on them that hold them in place in the connectors.

I may have missed them, like everything else, my eyes aren't as good as they once were!

When you purchase quality connectors that fit properly you don't need the click style simply because they fit very tight. 

In addition to the "Good" connectors I would suggest purchasing the CORRECT crimp tool for those connectors and it is a T&B crimp tool.

P9230001.JPG

P9230002.JPG

P9230003.JPG

The T&B crimp tool as its called don't make the typical flat crimp like the cheap tools do. Instead it actually pushes the metal up to really grip the wire.  If you look at the tool you can probably see what I'm trying to explain.  This particular tool is made by Klein tool and will do a variety of gauges 22-14  and 10-12

Edited by 6bg6ga

Sarge

Yes , those are excellent crimpers - I have an original pair of Thomas and Betts that I've owned now for over 30yrs , still work as the day I bought them . I never cut anything but tape or copper wire with the cutters - these are lifetime warranty US made tools that last a lifetime - think I paid around $22 when new back then...

Sarge

• Like 1