Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Picked up my new horse today

Kelly

Ok, You guys can't have all the fun, showing off your new stuff, I only picked up one today, but it's pretty nice if you look past the patina on it, 1075 all there but the seat and air cleaner. I drained the tank and pulled the fuel bowl cleaned it, put some gas in and, it trys to run but no go yet. I only messed with it for 45 min. to cold out in the garage and ran out of gas for heat. It came with a I think 42 SD deck not in bad shape but I left it out side, I wanted to put this in to mess with. Kelly in MI.

100_8723.jpg100_8726.jpg100_8727.jpg

Rollerman

Kelly congrats...looks pretty straight.

Feel free to bring it over here & my 1055 & 1045 will keep it company. :D

How did it go out there with the seller?

combatmp29r

Looks good Kelly :D

Ok now I gotta go get my new ones. I'm almost to the drooling point :P

CasualObserver

Nice one Kelly... Personally I like "patina." A lot of times it translates into "very affordable!" :P :D

nylyon

Very nice, lots of new Horses today, great day!

Kelly

My wife said reading the post about all the new tractors, "You'd think you guys just had a new baby" I quess kinda did, It will probably even keep me up at night thinking about it :D and where the next one will be found.

And Stephen it has company here with the other short frames 656, 857 This will be the big brother.

And the guy is not that bad to deal with kinda clueless, says he has about 60 tractors mostly WH. but didn't know what kind of deck he was selling on Ebay 42 RD deck.

He gave me an extra stater gen. for the tractor because he didn't think it had one, but it did, gave it to me anyway, but he said it was worth $125 I'll sell my extras for that kind of money. Then he had a tec. starter looked like the one on my 656 he said it was worth $100, But then I saw a belt guard laying on the floor asked about it, and he said it fit a C something didn't know for sure and gave it to me, It's for a lawn ranger late 60's. He was moving and had to get rid of stuff, All I saw was what he had on Ebay. He has a tractor listed with snow plow but it's a short frame plow with a C-100 parked over it no mounting hardware, he just said It should work. But all in all nice guy. Kelly in MI.

combatmp29r

Kelly, is that the C-100 that is missing a front wheel and has rear weights and chains?

Kelly

Yes it's missing front tire, but now he has it there trying to pry the spindle out of the frozen ground and put it on. The wheel weights are car brake drums filled with cement, to tell you the truth a little paint on them, they might not look to bad if that's all you had, who can't find 2 brake drums and a bag of quick crete, the chains are kinda wiped. The tractor has 2inch brush growing around it, The one I got we had to knock small trees down to get it out. I like to make things as nice as I can to sell, gets more for me, Don't lie just clean it up, fix the easy stuff, if it take an hour to make it run do it it's worth more, but that's just me. and I don't mind buying from people that just want to get rid of stuff, much cheaper that way. Kelly in MI

T-Mo

Kelly,

Nice score. It sounds like what you said, the guy was just clueless. Probably very honest, but not sure what was what. Again, nice score and congratulations. :D

combatmp29r

I agree totally Kelly. I just sold a set of deck pulleys that had a little surface rust on them from me tearing it down in the rain (wasn't raining when I started). It tool a whole 5 minutes with some steel wool to clean them up. If I only got an extra .50 because of it its worth it to me.

kpinnc

Nice find Kelly- I'm hoping my next one is a '65 hydro too!

Congrats!