KC9KAS

Have you been "stiffed" on a deal?

KC9KAS

We all have at one time or another bought something and later found out it wasn't quite as good as the seller stated, or other issue.

That being said, each one of has maybe sold something that the buyer thought the same thing.

Now I have a different problem......

I conversed back & forth with a fellow on a $20 part and $10 shipping. He was happy with the total price and wanted to know if it would fit his Wheel Horse 312-8. The part came off of a WH 312-8, so I assured him it would fit. I also sent him photos of the rod with good threads and a trunnion that would move easily on the threads.

He didn't do PayPal and wanted to send me a postal money order, so I agreed.

We swapped addresses and I felt like it was a good deal going on, so I sent the part to him before I received payment.

He commented that he was surprised I sent the part before I received payment, but like I said, I felt comfortable with the deal.

Well it has been 2 months and I still haven't received the money order he claims his wife sent!

We had a few more conversations about the money, but now he doesn't answer my messages.

I guess this was my own doing for sending the part before receiving payment! I have trusted folks before and people have trusted me sending items before payment received. 

All this took place on a Face Book garden Tractor group personal messages, so nothing has been thrown out there for the world to see.

I am going to contact him 1 more time and let him know that I WILL spread his name around unless he makes this right with me.

Thanks, rant over!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Thisguyisnew

Are you sure he is still around? Think positive. I'm thinking somebody else that he may have owed got to him first... If you know what I mean

Aldon

As long as the person is not from southern Florida, Houston TX or such. 

I totally get your rant,  the grievance and want for some sort of Justice.

I personally would also consider similar action but it would need to be at a much higher value loss before I would follow through.

And yes, I've had my trust burned as well.

19richie66
8 minutes ago, Aldon said:

As long as the person is not from southern Florida, Houston TX or such. 

Glad I'm from central Florida :laughing-rolling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Aldon

Yeah. Maybe I assumed my gist would be inferred.

I meant to say that in those disaster areas a delay or lack of communication might be warranted.

"D"- Man

I had an almost "stiffed" transaction that ended O.K. but not as planned as it did end up costing me money.  Fellow Wheel Horse owner needed a coupler, he agreed on my price+shipping and also funds via PayPal friends and family.  I went ahead and sent the part after he claimed to have paid.  I then checked my PayPal and no such payment was received.  I notified him and he assured me that he had paid and supplied the transaction#  after contacting PayPal they said that is an invalid #.  I had to pay the Post Office $24.95 for a postal intercept, + return shipping back to me.

Edited by "D"- Man

ztnoo

Yeah, The Keys would be a bad bet to mess with right now.  :rolleyes:

59c319a950400_SealofMonroeCountyFlorida75.jpg.69a18ed162e1bd87765d152c50166bfe.jpg

Edited by ztnoo

WHX??

Not been ther ..yet ..heaven forbid KC but please do keep in mind the old saying one bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch...keep us tuned please. Maybe I've just been lucky but every member I've dealt with on RS has been a straight shooter.  In saying that my reason for staying off face book tho.

• Like 2

JoeM

Yep, I have been there. My wife tells me I should let it go, not enough to get stressed about. 

It really forces you to not have any leeway. Also, I've drove out of my way only to find the other person didn't show or wanted the item and bothered to let me know.

AMC RULES

Remember, trust...

but, verify?  :confusion-shrug:  

• Like 5

953 nut
1 hour ago, OILUJ52 said:

let it go, not enough to get stressed about.

Image result for good advice

• Like 6

Racinbob

I'm with Richard on letting it go as well as Jim about the one bad apple. There could be extenuating circumstances. Many years ago and not Wheel Horse related I thought I was getting stiffed when I paid for an item and didn't receive it. After many emails that were never replied to I finally send one that she did reply to. Her husband had passed away in the midst of our transaction. She finally sent the item and even doubled it to apologize. With her information on the return address I verified what she said and felt terrible about hounding her. I feel that 99%+ folks are still honest so if you were unfortunate to come across one that isn't try not to let it sour you with everyone. In my experience a person who doesn't trust others may have an issue being trusted. 

• Like 5
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

Mike'sHorseBarn

Unfortunately if you sell enough, this will inevitably happen to you. My rule is always receive payment before shipping, because unfortunately if you trust people you don't know that will happen and I expect people I buy from to be the same way. Luckily, this group of people here at Redsquare seems to be a great group of trustworthy people and that is a rare thing in this day and age! Sorry you got jipped!

• Like 8

BaySide1
12 hours ago, KC9KAS said:

We all have at one time or another bought something and later found out it wasn't quite as good as the seller stated, or other issue.

That being said, each one of has maybe sold something that the buyer thought the same thing.

Now I have a different problem......

I conversed back & forth with a fellow on a $20 part and $10 shipping. He was happy with the total price and wanted to know if it would fit his Wheel Horse 312-8. The part came off of a WH 312-8, so I assured him it would fit. I also sent him photos of the rod with good threads and a trunnion that would move easily on the threads.

He didn't do PayPal and wanted to send me a postal money order, so I agreed.

We swapped addresses and I felt like it was a good deal going on, so I sent the part to him before I received payment.

He commented that he was surprised I sent the part before I received payment, but like I said, I felt comfortable with the deal.

Well it has been 2 months and I still haven't received the money order he claims his wife sent!

We had a few more conversations about the money, but now he doesn't answer my messages.

I guess this was my own doing for sending the part before receiving payment! I have trusted folks before and people have trusted me sending items before payment received. 

All this took place on a Face Book garden Tractor group personal messages, so nothing has been thrown out there for the world to see.

I am going to contact him 1 more time and let him know that I WILL spread his name around unless he makes this right with me.

Thanks, rant over!

I would re-post this rant of your on that Face Book page without using his name.

If he is still following the page maybe he will see it and feel guilty.

Cant hurt :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

rmaynard

If I know the buyer, I will accept a check as payment. However, in any other case I will insist on PayPal.  If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can create a new account before you pay, or if you don’t want to create an account, you can pay using a credit or debit card. 

In any case, DO NOT SHIP UNTIL PAID!

This is how I avoid trouble. To me it's a no-brainer. 

If the buyer is legit, he will understand you waiting for payment.

• Like 5

Skipper

I too think that most people are in fact honest, and a few ruin it for the rest. Isn't that how it is with everything in life. :-)

Also, I can't help notice the problematic situation in always wanting cash first, even if it is the logical option for the seller. In the cash first situation, the only difference is, that it is the other part in the transaction that needs to trust, and run the chance of being stiffed................ Just saying :-)

It takes two to tango

Edited by Skipper
misspelling
  • Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WHX??
7 hours ago, BaySide1 said:

without using his name.

I kinda disagree Bay... if you use his name it would hopefully tip others off to his antics and maybe he will turn into an honest crook. Social media can be a powerful tool. Agree with the others in chalking it up to "you have to pay for an education" and move on.

• Like 1

BaySide1
3 hours ago, WHX12 said:

I kinda disagree Bay... if you use his name it would hopefully tip others off to his antics and maybe he will turn into an honest crook. Social media can be a powerful tool. Agree with the others in chalking it up to "you have to pay for an education" and move on.

3 hours ago, WHX12 said:

If you call him out by name then you are going down a slippery slope.

ebinmaine
28 minutes ago, BaySide1 said:

If you call him out by name then you are going down a slippery slope.

Folks be careful. 

A few bucks isn't worth some fool filing a frivolous lawsuit for Defamation of Character. 

The financial losses suck. 

The loss of trust sucks. 

Unfortunately these idiots are out there and some are still  even reproducing. ...

• Like 1