cabin4me

Wheel Horse charging wiring

cabin4me

Hey guys I need some help with my 79 wheel horse c-111.  I upgraded the engine to the 16hp vanguard. I am wiring everything up now and ran into a little silver metal box with the letters b s h on it.  The H goes to ground and one other wire goes to the shut off.  I need to know what this little box is.  

Thanks for any help. 

gwest_ca

Welcome to the forum.

Sure it is not a voltage regulator?

Garry

KC9KAS

@cabin4me :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

gwest_ca

Lights are a little brighter today. The b s h sounded familiar but couldn't connect the dots.

That will be a kill relay. The B&S engines use a magneto ignition so no battery power is needed or wanted in the ignition wire. Wheel Horse at the time used a battery style of ignition switch plus a kill relay to control the ignition.

There were two different versions of the relay used.

Garry

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

WHX??

Sounds like Garry has got it nailed so I will just :WRS:

953 nut

:text-yeahthat:           Garry is the man!         :WRS:

cabin4me

Not real sure what it is.  I am starting to think it's something to do with the safety system.  All of the safety sensors wiring goes through it.  I have the new engine running and charging, so I think I am going to leave well enough alone.  Thanks for the reply.  

On 9/21/2017 at 3:37 PM, gwest_ca said:

Lights are a little brighter today. The b s h sounded familiar but couldn't connect the dots.

That will be a kill relay. The B&S engines use a magneto ignition so no battery power is needed or wanted in the ignition wire. Wheel Horse at the time used a battery style of ignition switch plus a kill relay to control the ignition.

There were two different versions of the relay used.

Garry

I just saw this post.  thanks Gary!! I did finally figure it out, but awesome help!  I will post pics of this beauty when I finish, just painted it the other day and ordered all new decals.  

• Excellent 1