Ed Kennell

TILLER TIME

Skipper

Nice! A complete tiller with all. Can we ask how much such a thing is on an auction?

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Ed Kennell Ed I need to move up near you , your auction finds are great , looks like a nice tiller.

WHX??

Gonna retire Mad Max Ed?!?!?

Knowing Ed he got a steal on it :ph34r: Skippy... they go for 3-4 USD around here... if you can find one that's not all beat up.

cafoose
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

Picked this at todays auction.

IMG_8332.JPG.d3631530ec41a0e98bd27232493e7091.JPGIMG_8337.JPG.bccbd163ecc8a004328d56c58b96dc37.JPG

IMG_8339.JPG

I've been thinking of getting one how much do you want for it? :thumbs:

roadapples

I'd sooner have Mad Max :handgestures-thumbupright:...

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Thisguyisnew

Tines look barely used and for that reason alone I'm jealous. Mine are sharp like steak knives

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Please, no buying or selling on this post.  If you have questions regarding prices of anything I buy or sell, please send a PM.

And not to fear guys.....mad max is staying.....but a tiller on both ends....:think:

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

WHX??

Tiller on both ends Ed???? :text-imsorry: this we gotta see! :wwp: For some reason I wouldn't put it past you tho! :greetings-clappingyellow:

Edited by WHX12
Speeling
  • Like 3

Racinbob

Ed, I'm curious. What model # is that? It looks like a 7-1211 like I had but there's a bracket I didn't have and I don't see it on the parts list. I'm referring to the kinda L shaped bracket just in front of the gear housing. I just had a rod connected that ran through the slot hitch to lift it. I also converted it to utilize the one belt drive setup like the newer models. :)

Ed Kennell

Yeah, that's it Bob.  This one has a lift frame that mounts to the transmission hitch pin and is connected to the tiller by a flat bar on the left side.

I have this frame swiveled up above the axle bracket for picture taking purposes.

IMG_8336.JPG.914ef5fa8f3d26c9dd84d272a0920dc0.JPGIMG_8347.JPG.6262cf42069a206486a07f7a7f6e131c.JPGIMG_8346.JPG.a5c227613cd23b36b03947d21af5c76a.JPG

I gotta admit, I only know how to mount Mad Max.  And that's because I built it.     This WH design looks more involved than my Mad Max.  Especially if you have a frozen hitch pin.   

• Like 3

Racinbob

That's interesting. That doesn't show up anywhere. The manual shows it being lifted by the slot hitch like mine was. The two belt drive has the pulley bracket mounted right in front of the transmission. A belt runs outside the tractor drive belt guard and a second guard over that. Then a second belt back to the tiller. It was a real pain which is why I converted mine to the newer one belt setup. :)

elcamino/wheelhorse

Frozen hitch pin , sound BFH  time :ROTF:

• Like 2

Ed Kennell
3 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Frozen hitch pin , sound BFH  time :ROTF:

plus a can of PB Blaster, a box of drill bits, and a bag full of those 4 letter words we learned in 4th grade.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

WHX??
32 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

bag full

My bag ripped open on a 1055 steering wheel so I got a shipping crate :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Racinbob

Ed, why not just remove the bracket and hook it up like the manual says? I gotta admit I'm intrigued by it but I searched and searched and couldn't find anything about it. I'm starting to think that was fabricated and is the only one in existence. But it just looks too......well original to be fabricated. :D

Ed Kennell

Hey Bob, do you have any pics of the connection to the slot hitch.   I am totally ignorant on the installation and operation of this tiller.

I didn't realize this was a two belt drive system.   I guess I'm missing the belt guard.

Do you have a link to the 2 to 1 belt conversion kit?  Is there a file showing the conversion installed?

After studying the mystery lift bracket, I can see by using the tranny pin as a fulcrum and the additional height to the pull point,  it probably has a mechanical advantage over the factory sleeve hitch lift.      I also wonder if this was used with a rear lift arm or hydraulic cylinder that also could provide down pressure.  :confusion-confused:     :confusion-shrug:

JPWH

I don't know about the tiller but the pulley system will mount on a hydro or manual tractor. I have a belt guard for you if you need it.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Racinbob

Sorry Ed but no I don't. Here's the manual for it:

'Officially' the L shaped rod ran up through the hole in the slot hitch. I had the rod attached to a piece of 2" bar stock and just slipped it in to the hitch and dropped the pin in. To convert to the one belt system I used the newer style idler setup that mounted in the mid hitch under the engine. Lowell has those but I bought one at the dealer. I'm assuming that I experimented with the belt length or maybe I got lucky. I just don't remember. When I was all done I had a tiller that was a ton easier than either the old style or the newer style to install and it worked great. The down side was that style axle bracket didn't work with a snow blade....at least not the one I had. That wasn't an issue for me because I used the blower on the 76 and the blade on an 84. I sure wish you were closer so we could do this conversion again together. :)

• Like 1

cafoose

I bought the tiller from @Ed Kennell yesterday! :greetings-clappingyellow: I'm thinking of putting it on my Commando 8. :think:The ag tires are on it now. The first picture is when I first got it. It has a slot hitch on it now.

20161013_151651.jpg

Commando 8 with plow.jpg

tiller3.jpg

tiller1.jpg

tiller2.jpg

Commando 8 plow brackets.jpg

Edited by cafoose
  • Like 1

Ed Kennell

It was good to see you again yesterday Chuck.    I hope the Commando has enough Omph to crank that tiller.

cafoose
3 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

It was good to see you again yesterday Chuck.    I hope the Commando has enough Omph to crank that tiller.

:text-thankyouyellow:Ed it was good seeing you too I really enjoyed seeing some of your horses. If the Commando doesn't have enough omph I may have to get another horse :handgestures-thumbupright::laughing-rofl:based on what I've learned I think a gear drive is better for it than a hydro. The Commando is my only gear drive other than my round hoods which are smaller and not running yet anyway.:)

• Like 1