mikeeyre74

RM364 mower deck parts interchange

mikeeyre74
Rm 364 deck

so I picked up two of these for an amazing price yesterday. I was looking for just one for my 552 or 753, and then this all came along. It didn't come with the pedal for belt release, but my 552 has a set on it already. I guess I need a manual, because there's no provisions for attaching it to the machine somehow. I assume some side plates go on this bar around the front or some kind of early Tach-O-Matic setup?

in any case, that wasn't my question. Question is, my friend has a later model stamped deck that's all rotted through. Will his good working parts swap over to this deck to get him back to mowing the lawn? Basically, is this deck any good for an 856 at all? 

gwest_ca

Garry

• Like 1

mikeeyre74

Enough parts?

this is what I got. Two decks, both the same. Some obvious weirdness on each... will need some repair. 

Enough parts?

Some weird strap on this one.. and that plate in my hand you can see there  

Enough parts?

and some weld on this one. This doesn't have the plate that the other one does 

Enough parts?

These pedals are already on my 552...

Enough parts?

and I have this Speed Hitch (I think it's called) as well. 

Is is there a pulley missing that I'm supposed to have? Some seem to have it and some dont?

RedRanger

You're missing the rest of the front quick hitch and the idler pulley for the foot clutch.  

maAyBJw2TBSqLRymfv8K-dA.jpg010.jpg.be09f0a130aaf5c48966ba9cde89fa49.jpg

mikeeyre74

As far as the quick hitch goes, can I use a standard late model Tach-O-Matic? I Have plenty of those kicking around...

Can the idler pulley be fabricated or is it better off to search for one, do you know?

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

I have all those parts as well as several  gear drive decks.    If you are interested in buying parts, send me a PM.

• Like 1