Jerry77

Wheel Horse Snowmobile

Jerry77

Well, there isn't a catagory for this, so I put it under "tractor"...I didn't know WH made snowmobiles...go figure....`I guess that proves there is a lot that I don't know....:laughing-rofl:   saw some videos of them...

Ed Kennell

:confusion-waiting:        waiting for the  :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1

Jerry77

Can't post - found on CL..get in trouble with the bosses....go to : https://www.google.com/search?q=wheel+horse+snowmobile&oq=wheel+horse+snowmobile&aqs=chrome..69i57j0j69i60l3j0.21686j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8   one I saw for sale was $200--and in Corydon Indiana...

CasualObserver

Back in the late 60s and early 70s there were at least 300 some different brands of snowmobiles, most by their own manufacturers. Every major garden tractor brand of the time jumped in the market too, including our beloved Wheel Horse... who took the easy route and just bought out another company. (Sno-Flite). Truthfully there aren't too many conversations about the snowmobiles to have rated their own topic, but they're out there. If you search the word snowmobile you'll find some topics with pictures.  Several members here have them. They're mostly just a novelty to most collectors. Not overly desired in the vintage sled world, and even less to most garden tractor collectors. 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

shallowwatersailor

I have definitely seen them on C/L regularly during snow season. I even saw an original Sno Flite (yellow body) one time.