wheelhorse can do

transmission fluid level

wheelhorse can do

Ive got a wheel horse model 265-5   It was a “hand me down” from my brother.  I suspect the transmission fluid id either low or needs to be changed.  I don’t see a reservoir tank for it.  How to I check the level

WHX??

Do a search for 265 in the files section (upper right hand corner use the pull down for files)  and find the manual for your tractor. It should be in there. Problems use your shout out.

BTW :WRS:

stevasaurus

Do you know what year it is??  I did not find any thing on a 265-5.  Most, if not all, of the 200 series used the Peerless transmission.  Some of those are packed with grease and are considered not serviceable.  If no one comes in here with information, your horse is new enough that I would call my TORO dealer.  If you know what model Perless you have...we do have transmission manuals in the manuals section on the main page.  You should have a tag on the transmission.  :)

BTW...Welcome to Red Square.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

520hC-120

:wwp::WRS:

gwest_ca

Some info on the 265-6 made 1996-2000 using 3 different model numbers. Tractor serial number will identify the year. All used the 820-024 Peerless transmission.

Garry

• Like 1

953 nut
18 hours ago, stevasaurus said:

Peerless transmission.  Some of those are packed with grease and are considered not serviceable.

:WRS:    A couple of decades back (before I owned a :wh:) I had an MTD with a grease packed Peerless. I had to replace one of the gears after three years because it seized to the shaft (lack of lubrication,imagine that). When I put it together I filled it half way with 80W90 gear oil and had no further problems with it, passed it on to my son and he sold it after using it a dozen or so years.

• Like 2

wheelhorse can do

Thx all for the guidance   I'm new to the forum and put in the wrong Toro Model.      It's a 265-6.     72045.       1996 I believe.     From what I could read on the file I downloaded it's a Peerless transmission.  Runs great but sloooow going uphill.  Any ideas?

WHX??

Check the belt & tension, also the motion control linkage.