Skipper

Lift capability on 3pt?

Skipper

Hi

Does anyone know how heavy objects the 3pt setup on a c-195 / D series will lift?

stevebo

Never weighed them but cat. 0 is usually around 300 but may be more. 

• Like 2

953 nut

The hydraulics will probably lift a bunch more than the rear end will handle. I'm with Steve on this, 300 pounds for short duration would sound like a safe limit, probably won't steer too well with the front tires off the ground otherwise.     :scared-eek:

• Like 2

Skipper

300 pounds? that was not much. I'm asking because I have seen a D series with a backhoe on the 3pt. I bet that is a hole lot more than 300. More likely 7 or 800 i guess.

I f you put weights on the front, then what do you think is the limit. Would the rear break or?

953 nut

I thought you were asking about a "C", not a "D". Everything on the "D" is heavier.

I guess with a front end loader as counter weight you could lift more than 300 pounds at the rear of a "C". but sooner or later you would find the weakest link and have to repair it. 

I have a front end loader on my GT-14 and carry 200 pounds of rear weight in a metal box on the three point for added traction and easier steering. Also, the tires are loaded and I have 80 pounds of weights on each rear wheel.

• Like 2

Skipper

Yes it is for a C-195, but the 3pt and hydraulic cylinder is the same as far as I know.

953 nut

The hydraulic system is probably capable of lifting enough weight to get you in trouble if that is your choice.

• Like 3

Skipper

Just seeking info, that's all :lol:

• Thanks 1

stevebo

Look up cat 0 weight limits. I would stick with no more than 300 or you will put a strain on the hydro. 

• Like 1

Adams94

I made a seat for the 3 point and I weigh 300.  With no weights is is light in front, front wheel weights is better but I made suitcase weights for it.  So 300 max with no weights. Probably 500 max if it's weighted right, it will probably lift more but it's not a tractor.

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

MirandaB
10 hours ago, Skipper said:

300 pounds? that was not much. I'm asking because I have seen a D series with a backhoe on the 3pt. I bet that is a hole lot more than 300. More likely 7 or 800 i guess.

I f you put weights on the front, then what do you think is the limit. Would the rear break or?

My D-180 with a Brantly backhoe has the backhoe frame-mounted in lieu of the 3-point.

• Like 2

R. L. Addison

And the back-hoes caused lots of problems in the "D" series units, (usually axle bearings) and a redesign. I wonder if care and common sense would have eleminated a lot of problems. 

But there are also problems with the same units in the "C" series also.

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2

953 nut
6 hours ago, R. L. Addison said:

wonder if care and common sense would have eleminated a lot of problems.

:text-yeahthat:                59c240e4ef713_ComonSence.jpg.99be4e7daebc3cff582398c4a5901f0b.jpg

• Like 3

maxiblue

well I guess I will put in my two cents. I looked at a back hoe for my D-250and saw what was need to hook it up and the cost, I did not like either one so I went out got a small towable one. It was half the price and needed no mods to the tractor. I have had it for about 20 years now with no problems.

It digs down about 7 feet has 4500 pounds dig pressure at the bucket. 

d250whoe.JPG

hoetractor.jpg

Edited by maxiblue
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Sarge

Well , about a 300lb floor frame section -

59c2e2635693f_20170616_1653421.jpg.c7177209d11ed0c75deffd2196f68371.jpg

Around 400lbs worth of dead Allis/Simplicity 916H -

59c2e2dab8970_20170612_1904201.jpg.3385cd12cebf53d377a55055fb624bd5.jpg

Well north of 500lbs holding the stupid shed up after a storm blew it off the blocks that were holding it up -

59c2e28454e74_20170616_2005171.jpg.d3e5bf354b22550f3479f0e4971ef1e0.jpg

Yeah - hydraulics will pick up far more weight than the tractor can handle - at the high risk of seriously damaging things , including the rear axle and frame . Previous owner had cracked both end balls on the lower arms , I did have to make whole new arms as they were bent up pretty badly . I blew the pump coupling pulling a couple of tons on the 6-1/2x12 utility trailer (contents of that shed during the floor replacement) , still fixing that little misguided judgement move . Also , at the same time/day , bent the whole nose of the trailer when I had to put it on the jack overloaded - wrapping up the repairs/rebuild now . Expensive day over one dumb decision ....go figure .

If you need more lifting power than 350lbs or so , I'd be hunting a larger machine - there are limits to these things that cost a lot of money to fix .

Sarge

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Skipper

It all sounds like common sense to me. Thanks to you all :-)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1