520hC-120

Plow mounting

520hC-120

I have tried to mount the plow this morning and it looks like this without the bracket and with the bracket the arm is only double that length to the slot, and the pin on arm dosent fit in slot to begin with, never ending problems:( also included number s to see if you guys would know if it is for a 520H

IMG_8305.JPG

IMG_8306.JPG

Edited by 520hC-120

Ed Kennell

You can not use the deck lift arm in a vertical slot.  The pin in the arm moves forward  as the arm is raised.  

Why did you start another post ?  The info you need is in your other post.

I did make a bar with a horizontal slot so I could use the deck lift arm to lift the plow frame.  If you want to go that route instead of the factory method, I can get a picture.

Edited by Ed Kennell

520hC-120

So I can leave it as is and just connect the chain/ solid lift bar straight to the plow?Can I please see that picture as well, I might do that

Edited by 520hC-120

WVHillbilly520H

Let's see if I can clear up the mud here, if you have an '88 520 with the straight axle you won't need the extension part that is slid in the frame and bolts to the welded in cross member...it needs to look like what I'm showing in my pics below then the lift link is pinned or bolted on to the mower lift arm in hole not used by the rockshaft chain it doesn't have to be removed and it doesn't have to go to the rockshaft unless you get the long link for "down pressure, also the rear extension can also be removed give a little bit and I'll get you some pics with the blade attached, Jeff.

11 minutes ago, 520hC-120 said:

I have tried to mount the plow this morning and it looks like this without the bracket and with the bracket the arm is only double that length to the slot, and the pin on arm dosent fit in slot to begin with, never ending problems:laughing-rofl: also included number s to see if you guys would know if it is for a 520H

IMG_8305.JPG

IMG_8306.JPG

IMAG2552.jpg

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H

I just went out and hitched up the front snow plow...doing it this way the blade "floats" but if you want the down pressure you will need to tie up or remove the mower lift bar... also you see where the front cross member on the plow frame hits my steering linkage on my swept forward axle 520, another for the extension kit, Jeff.

IMAG3548.jpg

IMAG3551.jpg

IMAG3553.jpg

IMAG3556.jpg

IMAG3557.jpg

IMAG3558.jpg

@Ed Kennell, do you think my last post cleared up the mud? 20 minutes to get the blade under the tractor and hitched up minus the angle lever ain't too bad is it? Jeff.

• Like 6

Ed Kennell

Here is the pic of the slotted bar I made so I could use the deck lift arm.    It works fine and makes changing from deck to plow a little easier, but with the chain connection, I do not have down pressure.IMG_8326.JPG.342e5f68a19ba4cb63235ff1030a9ad4.JPG

12 minutes ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

@Ed Kennell, do you think my last post cleared up the mud? 20 minutes to get the blade under the tractor and hitched up minus the angle lever ain't too bad is it? Jeff.

Clear as 180 proof  lightening Jeff.     :orcs-cheers:

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

520hC-120

Very clear now, thank you everyone for being patient with me and and thank you WVHillbilly520H for investing your time in putting the blade on

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1