ToddA

C160 Automatic

ToddA

I have 4 C160 Automatics,My Main Work Horse is Funky when I try to change directions it skids and tears up the grass It seems like there is not enough slip in transmission.If I'm really careful its ok my other ones don't act like this Just wondering where to start? 

Thanks Todd 

pfrederi

Download the manual here.

First check is make sure your tow valve is completely closed then do a neutral adjustment described in the manual (page 19).  When was teh last fluid /filter change?? 

• Thanks 1

KC9KAS

@ToddA :text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:

ToddA

I did Fluid and Filter change about 20hrs of use ago But I've never Seen The Repair Manual You Provided.Very Helpful 

Thank You Very Much I will Give it a try and Post Results!

Sarge

If an oil change doesn't help - I'd suspect the acceleration valve and it's spring . Broken spring will result in very erratic acceleration - my 16 Auto is doing the same thing , need to get time to fix it soon before the seasons finish changing as I work outside most of the time .

Supposedly , LJ Fluid Power has the parts for the Sundstrand , or at least some of them - do a search as they've become a great resource for the older hydro units .

Sarge

Found it -

LJ Fluid Power 10118 South M 43 Highway Delton, MI 49046-9602 (269) 623-4150

Sarge

953 nut

:WRS:

Some times people have oiled the motion control linkage, Do Not Do This! If your linkage has oil on it use some break cleaner spray to remove it. The oil will let it move too fast and could be the problem.