520hC-120

Plow Mounting

520hC-120

I was wondering if this was the correct way to mount my plow for the winter it seemed to work last year,this is for my 520H, thank youIMG_8035.thumb.JPG.3d4f944039fa817f3f8075ebaf1a8f80.JPG

Edited by 520hC-120

Shynon

You should have a solid bar mounted to the rockshaft for down pressure. @wheelhorseman is  in the vendor section will have what you need.

wheelhorseman

That will work however the plow will only float when it's down if you want down pressure you need the solid lift link - here is a link if you choose to do so.

http://wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/brackets-linkages.html#!/Toro-Wheel-Horse-solid-lift-linkage-7706-snow-dozer-blade-for-down-pressure/p/84954647/category=23566571

15 minutes ago, 520hC-120 said:

I was wondering if this was the correct way to mount my plow for the winter it seemed to work last year,this is for my 520H, thank youIMG_8035.thumb.JPG.3d4f944039fa817f3f8075ebaf1a8f80.JPG

I just noticed in your picture that the chain should not be hooked up to the plow the chain should be hooked up to the top bar no different than it is with the mower deck.

520hC-120

So if I buy the solid lift link then I can lift the tractor up with the plow and stuff like that, and where does the solid lift link go, lol obviously the guy before me didn't know how to link the plow to the tractor

520hC-120

The arm does not fit into any of the slots :think: I think that's why the plow is rigged like that 

Edited by 520hC-120

gwest_ca

This page identifies where the attachments are connected to the rock shaft. Looks like you have it on the wrong arm. You can enlarge the illustration.

http://www.partstree.com/parts/toro/mowers-lawn-garden-tractor/31-20oe01-520-h-toro-520-h-garden-tractor-1988/hydraulic-lift-linkage-520-h-520-hc/

Should also be in the dozer blade operator manual

Garry

wheelhorseman
56 minutes ago, 520hC-120 said:

So if I buy the solid lift link then I can lift the tractor up with the plow and stuff like that, and where does the solid lift link go, lol obviously the guy before me didn't know how to link the plow to the tractor

Yes correct you will be able to lift the front tires up off the ground.

daveoman1966
1 hour ago, wheelhorseman said:
1 hour ago, 520hC-120 said:

This chain hook up is all wrong.  It should link as in this schematic.  Top of chain s/b on bellcrank (rock shaft).  

LIFT LINKS.jpg

• Like 3

520hC-120

So sience the chain should not be slanted I should mount the plow as close as possible to the front I can use these three bars, I always used to use the last one

IMG_8302.JPG

wheelhorseman

What you have there is the 520 snow plow extension kit you don't need it on the early 520s with a straight axle they are for the 520s with the forward swept front axle, it gives you the clearance needed for the forward swept front axle however it will still work on the early straight axle models

Edited by wheelhorseman

520hC-120

So I can take that off, and I have to use the lift arm above the other for my blade and for my mower deck, Right?IMG_8304.JPG.1fab3e530d60f8a2bc22f2a27374bfcb.JPG

daveoman1966

That's right.  The lowser lift arm is for rear-mounted tiller.  The TOP lift arm is for the Dozer blade and Mower decks.

These are pics of my C-160 Auto but the hook up links are the same...

029.JPG

030.JPG

• Like 2

Red144runner

Good info here. I had mine mounted all wrong as well

wheelhorseman

IMG_3890.GIF

• Like 2

520hC-120

Thank you guys I learned a lot on putting on my attachments on now :)

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1