ClassicTractorProfessor

My very special Horse finally found its way home

elcamino/wheelhorse

Glad you finally got it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:            Well worth the long wait. I imagine he will be appreciative of your efforts the next time hi sees it.      :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

Chris G

Congrats!!! Seems like it ended up in the right hands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JPWH

Congrats, looks to be well worth the wait.

• Thanks 1

AMC RULES

You might be surprised...

flill & flush the trans with diesel.

Just might cure what's ailing it.  :greetings-clapyellow:

• Like 5

tunahead72
27 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Yes!  Exactly what I was thinking.  And then follow up with fresh gear oil, and see what happens.

Front tires at least seem to be holding air, maybe you'll get lucky there too, maybe just add tubes.

Good luck!

• Like 1

ClassicTractorProfessor
37 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

I'll try that and see what happens to at least get it moving on its own if possible, but eventually will probably tear into it for a rebuild...due to the special factor of this particular  tractor it will end up with a full no expense spared restoration...may take several years but we will eventually get there. 

9 minutes ago, tunahead72 said:

Yes!  Exactly what I was thinking.  And then follow up with fresh gear oil, and see what happens.

Front tires at least seem to be holding air, maybe you'll get lucky there too, maybe just add tubes.

Good luck!

The RF tire will still hold a bit of air...the LF is shot it's completely flat and has huge splits in the sidewall...but no big deal there iv e got an extra set of four tires on rims that will hold air I can at least put on it to make it easier to roll around

• Like 2

AMC RULES

:confusion-shrug: Don't think I'd fill it though.

just a quart, or so...and leave it sit to cook in that hot Oklahoma sun for a few days. 

Lift the front up, drain it...then, do it again. 

Might try running it in the only gear you've got, before you try finding any more gears. 

Use a light touch, don't force the shifter, and trash your forks.  :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

• Like 4

ebinmaine

Super impressive how Rugged these manual Trans are.... 

You may try "E-tanking" the internals to remove the rust at some point after splitting the case.

• Like 1

artfull dodger

I also agree with filling up with diesel, it will soak into all the "stuck" internal parts.  Then tip up and let drain for awhile out in the hot sun.  Put oil back in it and if you have the engine running at that point, see if she will move in whatever gear you can put it in(engine in idle).  Things might free up with some gentle working, but like said, do not "force" anything.  Glad to she her home and cannot wait to see your progress bringing her back to life again.      Mike the Aspie

• Like 2

c-series don

Definitely try the diesel fuel trick. I personally would also add some marvel mystery oil to it. I don't know what is in that stuff but I swear by it. Maybe try straight marvel? Its worth a shot and would make for a good story!!  

• Like 1

TDF5G

That's just awesome!  Glad you got it.  Looks like a very solid and straight tractor.  That will be a fun project to get her going again.

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1