Ronwheel82

Test switch

Ronwheel82

So I just got a new ignition switch for my 1992 416 h and when I installed it my test switch crumbled into pieces now I can't get it to fire up

Edited by Ronwheel82
Left out model

gwest_ca

The test switch is powered by 12 volts from the battery so make sure the red wire is not shorted to ground. You likely blew a fuse if it did short. The light panel does not have any influence on the tractor wiring. You can unplug the circuit board if you want.

Garry

Adding - make sure your new ignition switch has one terminal identified by the letter I (eye). There are identical switches except for a letter M on them for the ignition and they are not correct for this model.

• Like 1

rmaynard

When Garry said "The light panel does not have any influence on the tractor wiring."I would add that that is true unless the panel or the 9-pin connector is shorted, in which case it could cause a problem with other tractor wiring.

• Like 1

Ronwheel82

I checked to make sure red wire was not grounded and my 25A fuse stopped blowing, but now when I took up the battery I get nothing when I turn the key. Any thoughts?

gwest_ca

Pto OFF? Try pulling it farther into the OFF position while cranking.

Transmission in neutral?

Those 2 switches control the power from the S terminal on the ignition switch.

30 amps fuse OK? It powers the start relay and the above two switches control it.

Garry

Ronwheel82

I will defiantly check those, thank you very much for the advice!