953 nut

520 club members!

WNYPCRepair
On 9/15/2017 at 11:12 PM, Ed Kennell said:

I could not confirm  if the above chart applies to the eaton 1100.   But if it is , it is clear this pump is designed with a max RPM of 3K and performance drops off above 3K.

And it appears 2,000 is the sweet spot, with peak torque and power out, with minimal power loss.

• Like 1

Searcher60
5 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

http://machineryequipmentonline.com/hvac-machinery/hydraulic-turbinescavitation-in-hydraulic-turbines/

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Pump+Cavitation&FORM=RESTAB

Just a sample of what can happen when a pump or turbine  is operated outside it's design flow and/or pressure range.

Total BS. Most vehicles now have a plastic impeller. Ignorant cronyism rules the day again.

clueless

There you go again Ed with that #FAKEDATA!  ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Searcher60

All removing the thermostat does is allow the water pump to pump at maximum capacity at a given rpm whenever the engine is running. The water pump, pumping water thru the radiator at full pump capacity at a given rpm all the time will cause slow or no engine warm up. It will actually over cool the engine most of the time. However, the total cooling system capacity may also be increased slightly by not having any thermostat which would act as a restriction to water flow even if fully open.

Removal of the t-stat can cause conventional oil sludge build up in the oil and decreased engine efficiency due to the engine not operating at design temperature and slow warm up. 

In the years I worked in GM service departments as a line mechanic, not once did a car or truck come in that was running hot due to not having a t-stat. In the 70's it was somewhat common for backyard types to just leave the t-stat out if it stuck closed. 

Tankman

Sounds all hydro.

My 520-8 Onan powered is a real Horse. A beast. Not too many 520-8's I've heard (?).

Grandsons like hydro's and I use one on occasion. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

I hear if you want speed from a hydro 520 is has to be the "HC" it has a "taller" final drive ratio than the standard "H", Jeff.

• Like 1

cleat

Yep, my HC is much faster.

My 11 year old daughter loves to be towed around the yard in a wagon with that one hitting as many bumps as possible.

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1