illinilefttackle

AIRENS SNOW BLOWER TWIN SHAFT ENGINE REPLACEMENT?

illinilefttackle

Hello Guys- I'm faced with refurbishing an Ariens 2 stage snow blower for friend- BUT- he would like a "NEW" engine-OHV, etc. I thought Predator- but then I discovered the snow blower has a twin shaft Tecumseh H-35 on it. Anybody ever successfully substituted a single shaft engine on these? Figure 8 the belt on the blower wheel drive- but then you still have the 1/2 speed problem? Thanks for any help- Al

Howie

The second shaft is the camshaft extended and is usually used for reverse Any engine will work just would not have reverse without it.

illinilefttackle
11 hours ago, Howie said:

The second shaft is the camshaft extended and is usually used for reverse Any engine will work just would not have reverse without it.

Thanks Howie- the camshaft pulley is used to power all the wheel drive ( forward & backward) the disc drive selects forward or reverse- without using any second shaft- the snow blower would not move. I think I have it figured out- but will have to trial & error it first- Al

Also the second shaft9Camshaft driven) turns at 1/2 speed of the regular crankshaft-without some sort of way to slow down the new engine out put for wheel drive- you would need track shoes to keep up with it!

Edited by illinilefttackle