stevebo

704 Rat Puller Wisconsin Project

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:         That Wisconsin should provide plenty of nose weight. :ychain:   I think you probably need to add a piece of angle iron under the bottom of the drive belt to allow the clutch to work better. :twocents-02cents:

• Like 5

stevebo
2 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:         That Wisconsin should provide plenty of nose weight. :ychain:   I think you probably need to add a piece of angle iron under the bottom of the drive belt to allow the clutch to work better. :twocents-02cents:

I have a retainer on the front of the drive pulley and one on the idler pulley but yes I plan on adding something else up front around the drive pulley. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

SALTYWRIGHT

STEVE, I HAVE A GAS PEDAL FOR YOU.

stevebo

Sounds good Russ. 

stevebo

Found a set of carlise ags on craigslist and picked them up really cheap ($30). Put them on and gave the rear rims a quick coat of semi gloss black. Need to finish the wheel paint. Also added the wheelie bars out back and added a drawbar so I can pull a trailer. I hate to cut these machines but I did on the dash tower to fit the gas tank there. I will keep the section I cut so it can be added back with some welding. Coming along nice I think. I decided to soak the carb to be sure it is nice and clean. 

IMG_8298.JPG

IMG_8299.JPG

IMG_8300.JPG

IMG_8301.JPG

• Like 5
  • Excellent 3

stevebo

If there are any Wisconsin engine experts (anel) model I believe (9.2hp) there is one mixture setting for idle and only a plug where the high mixture should be. I pulled carb and cleaned it good (looks to have had a recent rebuild) and there is a jet on the bottom of the carb bowl but no needle only the plug. I looked up the diagram on line and some carbs have a high speed needle there and some have the plug. Any help would be great. 

Issue is that it runs rough at throttle up and anytime running higher rpm and tractor shakes it breaks up. Thoughts?

Ken B

Looks pretty cool. I was hoping you were gonna relocate the fuel tank, looks much better now. I'm not a Wisconsin expert but I can help you in naming this new tractor...

"Shake-n-Break"

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

953 nut
9 hours ago, stevebo said:

runs rough at throttle up and anytime running higher rpm and tractor shakes it breaks up. Thoughts?

Did it do this with the original tank on it? The new tank being lower may not have enough fuel pressure, might need a fuel pump.

stevebo

I ordered a new elbow style screw in fuel shut off with the screen strainer. Once I get that I will remove the in line one and in line shut off. In line may be restrictive but not sure. Yes did it in both tank locations but more in this location now. 

• Like 1

JC 1965

Looks great, keep the photos coming.    :thumbs2:

19richie66

Looks very cool!

R. L. Addison

AENLD?  Bought one off CL that looks very similar (almost identical) with a centrifigul clutch. Needs a head or threads for spark plug reworked. Mfg, name on mine is THERMO KING.

Also I'm going to have to have distributer cap, rotor, coil, etc. (or mag) to try to run it, only thing left on it was starter. Doubt charging system too, as it  looks to me like remote start.

Edited by R. L. Addison
forgot something

stevebo

badge plate is missing off this one. 

stevebo

I got a good nos screw in fuel shut off with strainer. I removed the in line shut off and filter. Also added a high speed needle I have and she is right now. 

InkedIMG_8370_LI.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Achto

Which carburetor is on your engine? I kind of expected it to be a Marvel Schebler.

stevebo
9 hours ago, Achto said:

Which carburetor is on your engine? I kind of expected it to be a Marvel Schebler.

Pretty sure zenith but will have to double check

fast88pu

Nitrous ?

• Haha 1