• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By oliver2-44
       I refurbished my 1985  Side Discharge Deck model j05-42MS04. And my son started mowing with it this summer on the 312-8. I've read many threads about these WH decks mowing low but were Texas newbies when it comes to mowing with them

So mowing low is a known issue but has anyone come up with a solution?      

Since these decks are free floating has anyone tried installing larger rear deck wheels??  I'm thinking larger front roller would not help since if. I understand correctly these should not always be touching. 
      Im looking for ideas ?  

I need a picture of the finished deck but you can see from these pics I completely disassembled the deck, replaced all bearing and sliders etc. Took it to bare metal. Did some straightening And repainted it. 

• By adzeman21
      I'm selling a 1973 Wheel Horse 16 Automatic. It has a cast iron Kohler and is not running. I think it has a broken connecting rod. It ran strong- and loud!- right up to the end. I had just finished rebuilding the 42" mower deck when the engine quit. I didn't even get the lawn mowed once after the deck rebuild. It's been stored ever since. I have a 42" blade and 42" snowthrower that go with the tractor. I hate to sell it but I just don't have the room to store it since I inherited a newer tractor. I have all the manuals and receipts going back 40 years in a big three ring binder- my dad kept every piece of paperwork! I'm asking $500.00 OBO for the tractor and all attachments. I've advertised on Craigslist and haven't had a nibble. Mainly I don't want to see it scrapped- I want it to go to a good home with a collector who'll appreciate it for what it is, a piece of history in a heavy hunk of old iron. There must be somebody out there who'd like this tractor!

• By Fungus221
      Hi everyone I have a 312-8 wheel horse over here in the UK. and I have just repaired the mower deck I beleve it is Model: A5-42MS02, as it had become rether ventilated.  hole were there should not be holes.

On putting back to gether I can ont find if there is a proper way to align the blades.
      has anyone got an idea how they align or does it not matter?  can i just bolt them back on any old how?

heres a photo of my wheel horse.

• By skunz81
      I have a Wheel Horse Model 416-8 with 16 HP Kohler engine for sale with roughly 1000 hours on the meter. Along with the tractor I have a leaf rake which needs work as well as a plow, wheel weights, and chains. Within the last month I have put on two new front tires, new blades,  and replaced the fuel pump.  The seat is pretty beat up, but is the original.  I have the original purchase receipt from the original owner as well as all manuals.  The only issue is the mower deck recently started leaning on the front edge. I'm sure it's an easy fix, I just am ready for a new tractor.  One of the roller wheels in the front is also cracked in half. The deck is 42", I can provide pictures if you are interested. Located in Newtown, CT

• By Kegler
      Acquired locally a 417A with a bunch (3000+) hrs on the meter, but a jump got it running and for $200 I drove it  home. Came with a blade too.    Thought the price was right considering it had a 48" deck mounted that looks to be in much better shape than the rest of the tractor. As I said I did drive it the few blocks home with an occasional pop or crack from the motor that I attributed to possibly a sticking valve or even just some old gas. Parked it and tossed a tarp half over it until I could get a chance to work on it, which turned out to be longer than expected. Anyway, to the problem, I went out a couple of days ago and put a charger on it for a while and tried to start it and it turned over about a quarter turn and locked up, so I pulled the spark plugs and tried the starter again and the worst looking junk I had ever seen in a motor came squirting out of the plug holes. Whats up with that? How would a motor fill up with GUNK, even setting outside? Shot a bunch of PB Blaster in both plug holes to try to loosen up any rust or junk in the cylinders but would like to figure out where it got into the cylinders, in the first place, before I go any further with trying to save it. Motor appears to have all the tin, air cleaner and muffler on it.