Chris G

Tecumseh HT55C-3089 5.5 HP

Chris G

So I am trying to get a ball park on a fair value for a Tecumseh HT55C-3089 5.5 HP. I have some time. I can't go look at it until first week of October. But the owner says it runs and came off of his father's 552. Says all sheet metal and so on is with it. Also said he will throw in what's laying around wheel horse related. But the engine is more of what I want. Just not sure of a fair value on one. Any help would be great.

oliver2-44

Those are getting very hard to find. Don't wait too long to go look T it if it's posted o some public site. 

P.S if you don't buy it let me know where it is

• Haha 1

Chris G

I'm only waiting cause that's when he's available.

stevasaurus

My feeling is that engine is only going to be worth anything to someone with a 552 or maybe a 502.  Probably around $ 100 if you get to hear it run.  Problem is finding parts anymore and very pricey if you can find them.  I'm sure a few guys out there are looking, but quite honestly, the market can not be that good.  Collectors, somebody looking for a spare or parts...best bet.  :think:  It would be nice to keep it in the Red Square Wheel Horse group.

• Like 1

Aldon

I'm thinking the value will be higher should you decide to sell it if your willing to wait for a buyer. I've seen 4 restorations looking for them in past 6 months. Supply vs demand.....

Edited by Aldon
  • Like 2

formariz

Aldon is right. Not an easy one to find. I personally grab every single one i find. The same goes for parts for them.

Edited by formariz
  • Like 3