RestoreItBill

RJ35 Questions

RestoreItBill

Hello All! Sorry in advance if I am in the wrong section, but I am looking at buying a Rj35 tractor I believe. I am new to this and I am trying to find out all information I can about it. I am getting it for $100.00-$150.00. I'm trying to see where I can get tires. That's my main concern at the moment. Most of it is there from what Ive seen. Its missing the deck, but I am not to worried about that. It looks like its been a lawn decorative piece for quite some time. Anymore information about this tractor would be highly appreciated. Thank you

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

• Like 2

953 nut

:WRS:      The tractor you are looking at is a 1960 Model 550, not an RJ-35. If the engine is in good condition that adds value, but if not be aware that they are hard to find. Needs a few parts and a lot of TLC but will be a good project.

Miller tire is a good source of new tires. You could post a wanted ad in the Classifieds on here for good used ones also.

http://www.millertire.com/categories/lawn-garden-tires/

• Like 4

Chris G

I agree on it being a 1960 suburban 550 and on miller tire. Got several tires from them and no complaints. But overall looks like a nice one for restoration. Good luck to ya with it.

• Like 1

RestoreItBill

Thank you for your information. Now Is it worth it to get? What is the value on these?

953 nut

Seat and steering wheel are shot and the big money item would be the engine if you are planning to keep it all original. At $ 100 you can't get hurt, but I wouldn't go much higher unless the engine turns over with good compression and has spark. 

• Like 3

Chris G

I would say it's worth getting. I honestly think $100-$150 absolute max would be good.

RedRanger

$100 max.

oliver2-44

Check if the rubber boot on the gear shift is still there covering the transmission.  If it's gone and tractor has been sitting outside transmission probable has water in it.  See if it rolls and shifts into all gears  Maybe a neogiation point.  Looks like a good project. If the engine or transmission are shot there are still enough good parts to sell to get your money back

• Like 3